Forums Latest Members

Silver Snoopy Award Speedmaster arrival date

1. Dombo63 Sep 28, 2015

Is there any further news on the above? I had originally been told early September by my local boutique and now they are talking about late October. Elsewhere I've read about problems getting the Snoopy lume right, not wanting to spoil the latest James Bond LE launch, but wondered if anybody on here had heard anything?
    And no, I do not intend to flip it. Three months of reading this site, researching Speedmasters here and elsewhere, has led me along the path of very happy ownership of a new Moonwatch (to keep Snoopy company when he arrives), and the pleasure of owning and appreciating finely made mechanical watches.

2. vinn2 Sep 28, 2015

limited edition snoopy, omega watch. ------ i have a spiro agnew and a couple mickys. why not have a "dial restorer" make you an "art-sy" dial for an existing watch.

3. abrod520 Sep 28, 2015

What was the timeline last year for the 45th LE? Or other LEs - I'd guess the timeline would be similar, no? Order after Basel, receive in the fall?

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 28, 2015

For the 45th -

Boutiques was oct/nov Ads was dec/jan. I bought my first in the December.

5. abrod520 Sep 28, 2015

I'm not sure if the 45 was sold out like the Snoopy is (I'm late to the Omega game), but to OP @Dombo63 - this is your likely timeline. I'd guess you'll receive it between Oct 15th and Nov 15th

6. Dombo63 Sep 28, 2015

And do the major boutiques normally make a big deal of LE arrivals or just a phone call to come and collect whenever?

7. abrod520 Sep 28, 2015

I'd guess probably the latter, though it's possible they'd put on a small reception. Usually these kinds of things are just perfunctory, though I have heard that Lexus actually puts those huge red bows on their cars like in their Christmas commercials. If you call up your local OB, they might put one on the box for you :D

8. Dombo63 Sep 28, 2015

I was hoping for marching bands and being carried around the shop by astronauts dressed as Snoopy.
    I guess the bow will have to do.

9. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 28, 2015

Maybe the staff will high-5 you out the shop a la iPhone launches

10. repoman Sep 28, 2015

I bought my 45th Apollo XI on July 20 2014 (anniversary date of the moon landing), and my local boutique got it about 1 week prior to that. The 45th anniversary was still available in the Omega network a year later. My Omega people are saying "October"... no idea if that means Oct 1, Oct 31, or Oct 61. Patience grasshopper.

tpatta likes this.
  11. Dombo63 Sep 28, 2015

They don't make TV shows like that anymore

12. dscoogs Sep 30, 2015

The Houston Omega boutique said "October", a week ago.
    They brought a 0000 prototype for customers to try on back in July.

Snoopy - Wrist.JPG

Dombo63 and joedel87 like this.
  13. tonielvis Oct 8, 2015

14. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Oct 8, 2015

Looks like it's officially in the catalogue:

snoopy.jpg

15. teamlam Oct 8, 2015

ehh got mixed feelings about this..dunno if it would be a nice dress watch under a suit...seems so sporty. could be because of the strap. but then i can't even picture this on a calf or leather strap. guess well see when ppl get theirs and try it on

16. lillatroll Oct 8, 2015

Why are they bothering putting it on there when they are all accounted for?

17. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Oct 8, 2015

To wind people like me up after they've given mine away to someone else even though I was top of the list. Livid.

lillatroll likes this.
  18. repoman Oct 8, 2015

I'm curious and would like to hear more... did you initially get on some kind of wait list at the AD or boutique? Did they ever tell you a deposit would be required? Did you have deposit at any point ? For me, I told my boutique I wanted one, a short time later they got back to me and said I needed to get a deposit down (in full) or there would be no way to guarantee availability later. I wasn't happy about it, but went ahead and did the dirty as I really wanted this watch.

Word is Oct 13... we'll see.

19. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Oct 8, 2015

They had a list. I got on it as the first person the day after the watch was announced. Been in contact every couple of weeks since. Happened to go in today as I had seen the watch was now on the omega website. They announced that they'd taken a deposit. Had never asked me for one. But did acknowledge that I was too of the list. And that it didn't make much sense. Will find out more tomorrow when the managers in.

20. MH82 First Owner - SpeedyTuesday LE Oct 8, 2015

And it's an AD masquerading as a boutique (goldsmiths officially). Will refrain from saying any more until I hear tomorrow. Was really looking forward to having it next to me PO LM LE, perfect pair I thought.