Forums Latest Members
  1. Larethania Mar 11, 2019

Hello
    I have long had an interest in watches, and have newly developed an love for longines.
    Been reading alot and trying to find out as much as possible, im looking for advice regarding an Silver arrow for sale.

How would you price this watch?

_994900220.jpg 060_279788159.jpg _1598961091.jpg _728025434.jpg
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 11, 2019

Not a very good example. If you can afford a better one, I would suggest waiting.

If you have a limited budget, this one is probably worth $200-300.

3. Larethania Mar 11, 2019

The ad says that its recently serviced and its priced at 280$ in norway, which seems to cheap

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 11, 2019

Well, there is reason to be skeptical of it having received a good service, but the market for watches in the condition is weak, and deteriorating. So no, it really isn't so cheap.

5. Larethania Mar 11, 2019

Thanks for the advice, If you would indulge of what prices one would Look for in the series flagship, sport chief, Silver arrow?

6. S.H. Mar 11, 2019

Look at ebay completed auctions. I followed a few Silver Arrow / Silvergines lately, they sold at 250-400eur if I remember well. Some had the special Fixoflex bracelet, more desirable. Almost all had a f*cked up caseback because the standard tool for opening cases does not fit well in the slots, they must have designed a special tool ::rant:. Most were not good buys IMHO.

Mine : https://omegaforums.net/threads/goldengines-silvergines-frankengines.89277/

Here is what the caseback of a Goldengines / Silvergines should look like when it is used, not abused :

DSC_6853_.jpeg

I assume, but I'm not sure, that the Silver Arrow share the same shallow engraving. A polishing will make it disappear quickly.

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 11, 2019

It depends on the individual model (there were many different types of Flagship, for example), and of course condition.

briefly, the Silver Arrow are nice, but it is very difficult to find one with a well-preserved case back. They were mirror-polished and lightly engraved, which was a weakness in the design.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested in a Flagship, as I have a number and might consider selling one. But the price would be in the high three-figures.

8. Larethania Mar 11, 2019

I read some where that sweden and norway were some sort of testing grounds for longines in the 50-60s, and definately start hunting more for better example.
    I feel an deep urge to get my 5grand prix 1912 pocket watch some Company.

9. fbf Mar 13, 2019

They are lovely watches. Like the one without the date. I have one with date but I am not as much of a fan
    GL finding a nice one