Forums Latest Members

FS Silvana Skin Diver - reduced to 330euros OBRO

1. YYTIN Mar 26, 2023

Hi everyone,

I keep on with my good resolutions and put this rather nice Silvana skin diver to your consideration. That's one watch I've loved to wear but I've way too many watches and I recently purchased a 165.024 from a nice fellow OF member earlier this year, so I'm selling off my skin divers.

IMG_5646.JPG

SILVANA Skin Diver

- Brand : a brand with its origins going back to the late 19th century, founded in Tamerlan in the Swiss Jura. Kind of disappeared in the 70s between their integration in the holding company of the Societe des Garde-Temps S.A. and the quartz crisis (You can find info there : https://chronographes.net/2017/06/11/silvana/ but that's in French).
    - Reference: 2247521 as written on the case back.
    - Movement: ETA 2472, automatic, incabloc, 25 jewels.
    - Year/Period : estimate to be from mid to end 1960s as I believe this model to be a later skin diver version of their early 60s Silvana Waikiki.
    - Case: 36.5mm without crown, stainless steel (lug width 19mm)
    - Dial : Glossy black dial, ’T Swiss Made T’, luminous indexes & 6, 9, 12 applied indexes, date window at 3.
    - Crown : signed with the S of Silvana.

IMG_5633.JPG IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5651.JPG IMG_5652.JPG

Condition

Clearly vintage & used (but not abused) condition.
    Case, Dial, Hands, Movement, Crown appears originals to the watch.

Dial & Hands : Dial is in a rather nice state, the black glossy finish looks really good, all the markings appears clearly and the luminous indexes and applied numerals contrast nicely. The original hands have been relumed at some point but I was in peace with that while wearing this particular watch. (The marks you see on my pictures are on the dome crystal not on the dial : I have to practice my skills with the polywatch really).

Case, Bezel and crown : The case is in good state : the shapes of the case & lugs are well preserved with no major dings, just the usual scratches. I am now confident that the bezel is also original (with its lume pip still present). My initial doubts were coming from the article that got me interested in this watch in the 1st place as it was featured with a steel bezel (By the way, I recommend to read this blog it is a nice source of inspiration : https://adventuresinamateurwatchfet...l-and-perfectly-formed-a-1960s-silvana-diver/) but I have lately found the exact same bezels on several similar models so I believe it to be original too (https://laffichheure.com/accueil/254-silvana-skindiver-10-atm-1960s.html & https://cda.chronomania.net/forum_entry.php?id=183917).

Movement: Original ETA 2472. I can’t open the case myself as I don’t have the right tools for this one but the watch keeps good time. If this really is a concern, I can go and check with a watchmaker. It does work well but the service history is unknown and if you consider wearing it daily, I can only recommend a service.

Strap: it will come with the Uncle Seiko tropic strap pictured. It is as new really.

IMG_5645.JPG IMG_5641.JPG IMG_5640.JPG IMG_5639.JPG IMG_5638.JPG IMG_5637.JPG IMG_5634.JPG

My own Review :

I'm happy to say everything went smoothly in all of my transactions in OF, C24 or in a French Forum where I do buy from time to time & I intend to keep on with that.

You can refer to the OF reviews by clicking on the link below :

https://omegaforums.net/search/22283696/?q=YYTIN&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=10

Payment, Shipping & Returns

Payment is accepted via PayPal F&F, bank transfer, Wise.

I’m asking 330euros (was 390€)+ shipping.

Shipping method to be agreed together.

I'm located in France, so a EU deal should be simpler but I'm happy to ship wherever. Contact me and we will figure this out.

No returns please, unless I misrepresented the watch in any way.

Thanks OF for this space and for this forum overall.

Edited Jan 30, 2024
  2. YYTIN Apr 28, 2023

Gentle bump with this time some pics taken (too rapidly sorry for the lack of focus) today at my watchmaker showing the Silvana signed 2472 ETA movement :
    IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5888.JPG
    My 390euros price is for the watch unserviced but if someone is having issue finding a trustworthy watchmaker I can make it done for the extra cost.

and a pocket shot :
    IMG_5893.JPG

and finally a last one for the road : under this evening stormy light (I've decided to keep it on my wrist for tonight, so I change the date with the semi-quickset date function)
    IMG_5896.JPG
    Have a great weekend !

Edited Apr 28, 2023
    nitediver and Paul_S like this.
  3. YYTIN May 12, 2023

bump : 380euros OBRO.

(Edit : My first 2 sales have been closed here and you can find both positive reviews as a seller on the buyer & seller review sections)

4. YYTIN Jun 10, 2023

bump : 370 euros OBRO

5. YYTIN Jun 24, 2023

bump : 350 euros OBRO

6. YYTIN Jan 24, 2024

This nice original 36.5mm skin diver (signed crown / dial / movement / case), equiped with a reliable ETA 2472 is still looking for a new home.
    Offers are welcome :)

7. YYTIN Jan 30, 2024

Bump and price reduced to 330euros.