Forums Latest Members

Shrug - dropped and shattered crystal on navitimer - chicago

1. phishfromvermont May 13, 2016

Hey guys - pin came off my strap and my 1991 old navitimer's crystal broke at the bottom and the seconds hand fell off. Any suggestion on who to take it to in Chicago and estimates on cost. Still pretty novice.

Also, playing golf the date wheel on my 85 datejust came off gear. Was serviced a couple years ago, but need to get this back into gear. Thoughts or people to do this service?

2. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 13, 2016

my watchmaker had warned me ages ago NOT to play golf or handle power tools with the same hand i wear my watch on...for the reason what just happened to your watch...

3. GBTRIUMPH May 13, 2016

You should only drink beer, wine, or scotch...GENTLY with that hand. Cigar or cigarette in the other. That's the curse of watch aficionados. Heavy sigh...such a burden to bear. My poor Longines gets the brunt of the heavy chores. The heaviest go to my Seiko Chrono.

Actually I am quite shocked at both of those occurrences. A sapphire crystal would have to hit just exactly wrong to break and the Rolex second hand coming off? My goodness! Never saw either of those on my dozen plus Seikos, Citizens, et al. I have had my expensive watches for only a year now. I suppose not using them to cut the grass and weed wack is a good idea?

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. pitpro Likes the game. May 13, 2016

Bad Friday the 13th for you.

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. phishfromvermont May 17, 2016

Aint that the truth, and that was just the beginning of the day