Forums Latest Members
  1. ATWG Apr 11, 2019

I wanted to offer my gratitude to @ndgal in helping source a Speedmaster part for my moon watch. After sending a handful of inquiries to a few OF members, I reached out to @ndgal for his assistance and expertise. Not only was he able to respond to my initial inquiry, he offered to ship the part across the country to my door step at no charge. Yep, not even shipping cost reimbursement was accepted. Shortly after our conversation, I received USPS tracking info with the part arriving safely yesterday.

It’s not often you find total strangers let alone dealers willing to help an enthusiast when there is ‘nothing in it for them’. I found this extremely refreshing, not because I received a part for free, rather it reinforces the good in people all around us. I’m sure there are instances where we have all helped out one another, but not enough can be said about how gratifying it is when you’re on the receiving end which makes this hobby even more enjoyable.

Since he wouldn’t accept any form of payment, this endorsement hopefully serves as a partial payment for his kindness.

Best,
    -A

snarkq, Longbow, valjoux72 and 40 others like this.
  2. sdre Apr 11, 2019

That's pretty cool. @bigsom did the same thing for me and a couple of other cool folks on OF ... Most of the folk in this forum are pretty incredible.

mayankyadav, sjg22, ext1 and 7 others like this.
  3. shishy www.hpmor.com Apr 11, 2019

Som confirmed the bombdiggity

ATWG, sdre, bigsom and 1 other person like this.
  4. ext1 Apr 11, 2019

Would like to add @WYO_Watch did the same for me to complete a nice -69 speedmaster that I'm planning to gift to my watchmaker. Great people are what make the OF community great!

ATWG, WurstEver, sdre and 2 others like this.
  5. 77deluxe Apr 11, 2019

OF!!!

ATWG, kov, sdre and 2 others like this.
  6. queriver Apr 12, 2019

I always assumed @ndgal must be a lady from North Dakota. Oh well, that’s one less lady on OF but, clearly, one more gentleman in the community.

ATWG, sdre, eugeneandresson and 2 others like this.