Forums Latest Members
  1. Bdv Aug 7, 2019

Dear members,
    I`m a 17 years old men who recently bought his first Omega, from an online auction. It is a vintage model with the caliber 266. It runs really well, but I wonder if i should service the watch?
    I`m not sure what the proces will cost me, but most of the budget is gone.
    What do you recommend i should do?

Also in wich family does it belong? And do you have some more information for me?

BDV

3D839A53-34F9-4439-AA54-1E2D201C5836 (002).JPG IMG_2350 (002).JPG IMG_2357 (002).JPG
  2. ilayd Aug 7, 2019

If you plan to wear the watch frequently, and unless you have proof of recent service, you should assume it wasnt and is needed. Otherwise, old oils and worn parts can cause additional damage. If you plan to wear the watch only occasionally, you may get away with it so long as its running well now.

connieseamaster and efauser like this.
  3. Dan S Aug 7, 2019

There is no particular model name for this watch (e.g. Seamaster). However, the reference number of the watch is probably stamped inside the case-back.

Bdv likes this.
  4. ilayd Aug 7, 2019

Going off of this, if you get it serviced, ask the watchmaker to take a photo of the inside of the case back as well as the movement. Make sure to ask that they are focused and close up. That way people on the forum here would be able to really tell you a lot about the watch.

Bdv likes this.
  5. Bdv Aug 7, 2019

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely do that!