Forums Latest Members
  1. usfpaul82 Nov 19, 2015

Hello all. Looking for some opinions here. I recently purchased a FOIS Speedmaster second hand. It has 2 months remaining on the Omega factory warranty. I have had it for several weeks now and love the watch. However, it is running +12 a day. I know this is just outside the range of the specs for the movement, which I believe is +11. I have been timing the watch every day at the exact same time and without fail it is right at +12 so it is not erratic at all, just fast. I am not really bothered by it but why waste the warranty option?

Do you all think it is worth it for me to send to Omega before the warranty runs out? It likely just needs regulating, but I do not have an Omega boutique anywhere near me and I do not know of a watch maker I would trust in my area to do regulation.

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Nov 19, 2015

If you think you'd like a Southern California vacation in the next month or two, I can refer you to a particular technician at an Omega Botique who will regulate your watch while you wait in the shop.

3. abrod520 Nov 19, 2015

While the watch is under warranty I'd not recommend anyone opening the case up but Omega themselves (or an authorized service center). You should also find a watchmaker somewhere near you who you can trust as you'll need to get some work done sooner or later on any mechanical watch - Google may help, or asking the forum could turn up a decent spot.

What I would do, is wait until the warranty period is up - if no further problems, take it (or send it) to a watchmaker.

4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Nov 19, 2015

Would that be William at Topanga?

5. hoppes-no9 Nov 19, 2015

It would take a bunch more than +12s for me to have a case opened.