Forums Latest Members
  1. Spartcom5 Nov 2, 2016

Hey guys picked this up for $300. Nervous and undecided whether or not I'm going to keep it. I have never paid this much for a vintage watch before, I have 7 days for a full cash back return. The watch looks great, original crystal (I see the omega symbol in the middle), crown looks good but worn, case is flawless, however the only bad thing is that the dial has been redone quite some time ago. Some patina has started to form on the dial but the hour markers are misaligned and the number 2 gold paint is off a little. How bad is a redial this old for collectibility? The movement is a 265 caliber and is running, looks a little dirty. The watch itself is around 37mm and looks amazing on wrist. My only concern now is that I think I may have overpaid at $300 and needed your guy's opinions on it, thinking it's prolly worth $250 according to eBay. If it wasn't for the dial I would obviously keep it no problem... New on the forums here and decided to make an account after I have been finding some nice Omegas for myself.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GuiltyBoomerang Nov 2, 2016

Not a bad pickup, as you say it is a redial. In terms of collectability it's not a particularly rare model, especially with the redial. However, it does look very nice for an everyday vintage wear.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 2, 2016

I would return it and look for a better example.

4. Edward53 Nov 2, 2016

What makes this a redial? Edited to add: have just blown up the pic and can now see why, esp. the paint marks round the Omega symbol.

5. François Pépin Nov 2, 2016

Since it is a redial, it has low value for an collector. But 37 mm Omega with a 30 series caliber are pretty looked after. So 300 $ is not so bad if you like the watch and do not bother a redial.

By the way, the redial is likely close to the original idea, but is not correclty done (minutes markers not in front of the hour markers, etc.).