Forums Latest Members
  1. Fcalero Apr 9, 2016

Hello, I am looking to buy a speedy reduced, please see this link

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172034089228Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I am going to try to get him to go for 1600, would that be a good deal? Seller seems reliable. Thanks in advanced for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. lillatroll Apr 9, 2016

Not sure about the watch or the price but you might have to pay import duty on top of the sales price which might not make it such a good deal as you are hoping for.

3. Fcalero Apr 9, 2016

I have ordered from Asia to the US and I've never had to pay though, I know that is always a possibility but at least up until now it has not happened

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2016

Watch will almost certainly need a full service as well when you get it, so factor in another $700 or so for that

5. Fcalero Apr 9, 2016

Well that would definitively be a big problem, is that often the case with the watches from trusted sellers from Japan? I've always heard they are reliable. What would you consider a good source to buy one of these watches in good condition?

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2016

Condition and trust is irrelevant, its an old used watch and they need servicing every 5 years with these ones being more difficult and costly to service than others. Unless he says its freshly serviced and has a receipt from a reputable watchmaker its going to likely be past due, given the type and age of it, it could be way past due.

7. Fcalero Apr 9, 2016

Thank you. I've also found one 3510.50 for 1200 USD, seller says it was serviced on 2014. If he provides proof of this, would you consider that a better option? What is your opinion about the two models? Thanks

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2016

If he had a receipt, and it wasn't a quick and dirty job but an actual watchmaker doing a decent job I'd much rather that one than an unserviced example.

9. Fcalero Apr 9, 2016

Thank you. That would be for the older model but I agree if it was serviced more recently it would make it a better option. I just missed on a newer model one for 1700, with papers from purchase in 2012, that would have been much better!