Forums Latest Members
  1. anon12345 Jul 12, 2018

As my previous post indicates I am a clueless shopper looking for a gift. This seems to be exactly what I’m looking for (style wise) but am not well versed on the rest. Can anyone share advice and thoughts on this one?

I realize I could probably find something less expensive on an auction site, but for a clueless eye, I just don’t feel comfortable or trust my judgement! This is for a vintage watch enthusiast and would rather pay more and have peace of mind that is truly an untouched original.

Do mint watches like this come up for sale often?

https://omegaforums.net/threads/nea...n-ref-168-018-ss-case-cal-564-serviced.78570/

Cheers!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 12, 2018

A quick google search of the reference shows this is a middle of the road asking price for all currently on sale, while this one appears to be a very very nice example.

3. Davidt Jul 12, 2018

For that model, I think the price is fair, given the service etc.

However, you previously mentioned a SMDV which is a cheaper model. This same seller often has these as well (look at their history).

Unless you need the watch quick, I'd spend a bit of time looking at examples of each to be satisfied with your choice before jumping in.

89-0 likes this.
  4. anon12345 Jul 12, 2018

Thanks for the advice! I do need it fairly quickly (my naive self didn’t realize how in depth this purchase could be!). I was looking at the Devilles since I know it’s a style they like, where the constellation is similar in style so would also consider those, or SM, etc.

Just wondering if the listing looks like it is in original condition (as much as possible) and not one of these redialled or frankenwatches I keep reading about.

5. BenBagbag Jul 12, 2018

I've bought from this seller before. He is great. Totally reliable. But he is shipping from Vietnam. So it won't necessarily come so quick (depends on where you live) unless you arrange special shipping.

It's a nice watch and all checks out!

merchandiser likes this.
  6. GordonL Jul 12, 2018

I'm not really qualified to comment on the price but the watch itself looks like a very nice example. And it's serviced. @nomercy has a history of selling quality items here. I have bought from him and can recommend.

7. sat968 Jul 12, 2018

I've dealt with him before and he's good. He will work on the shipping method; his slow method is very affordable and he does offer faster shipping options.

BenBagbag likes this.
  8. jimmyd13 Jul 12, 2018

Frankly, that looks a little belter (it's rather good). Talk to the seller about what's been done to it - it looks like it's had a "light refinishing". Nothing that would concern me, though your opinion is the one that matters.

9. anon12345 Jul 12, 2018

Apparently no refinishing has been done to it.. too good to be true?

10. jimmyd13 Jul 12, 2018

I'm habitually suspicious but I've also learned that you can trust long standing members on here - we all value our reputations too much. I don't know the seller personally but he has all the recommendations you would expect. If he says that the watch is unpolished (and bear in mind he's had it in hand while we're just working of photographs), then you have to take him at his word. He is offering you a 14 day return policy.

If it were my money and that was the watch I wanted, I wouldn't think twice about it.

11. michael22 Jul 12, 2018

Not too good to be true. I'd fall for it. A Constellation is a higher level of quality than a Deville.