Forums Latest Members

Should Have Left Well Enough Alone

1. jwalther Apr 10, 2013

*Sigh* I've owned my Polerouter for a few months now. I didn't know anything about the service history, and though it ran pretty well I felt nervous about keeping it wound all the time (a necessity IMO given the lack of a quick set date). There was a lot of dust under the crystal to boot, so I decided to go ahead and send the watch to my regular, and very reliable local repair guy. I got the watch back yesterday. Dust gone, but replaced by a couple of large pieces of what appear to be loose tritium from the minute hand which now has a big hole in it.

What to do? I've emailed Jack at IWW. I'm thinking about sending the watch to him to fill and color match the hands with non-luminous material. Any other thoughts?

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 10, 2013

My answer at least for this one and for the earlier situation is leave well enough alone. Vintage is vintage and these things - whether dust under the crystal or missing lume is par for the course.

3. jwalther Apr 21, 2013

Well, I opted to send the watch to Jack. . .He did a bang up job on the hands, even cleaning up some of the oxidation on the metal. I'm much happier now.