Forums Latest Members
  1. ewand Apr 16, 2016

hi - I've just acquired a nice Speedmaster Mark II with a 1162 bracelet, but it's far too big for me - I've removed all (3) of the screw-in links and have adjusted the clasp so that it shortens the bracelet but it sits really awkwardly on the wrist.

Ideally, I'd like to restore the clasp to near-normal position and remove another link or two, but unless I try to bend back the links on the bracelet to remove a couple of the fixed ones, I can't really see how I'd get on with it.

The fact that the bracelet width tapers towards the clasp means it might be infeasible as the clasp may not fit over them anyway.

Does anyone have suggestions they could share?
    Thanks, Ewan

WP_20160416_15_42_03_Rich (2).jpg WP_20160416_15_43_48_Rich (2).jpg
  2. christomlim Nov 16, 2017

I've been wondering the same thing after getting myself a 1162 bracelet. Did you ever manage to get it done?

3. TNTwatch Nov 16, 2017

Can you show how you have it at the moment? The OP had it incorrectly. The 6 o'clock half of the bracelet should've been connected to the first holes on the clasp instead of the 5th, and he could've tightened the whole bracelet 1 more notch, without the problem of the clasp cover not fitting properly over the links.

4. christomlim Nov 16, 2017

Not exactly the same problem as the OP. Mine looks correct but the problem is I cant seem to shorten it beyond this point. Any more and the clasp wouldnt wrap around the links flushed. Probably would need to do some unnatural removal of links.

IMG_3404.jpg
  5. JackDaniels83 Nov 17, 2017

The Z-folding part of the clasp should be mounted to the first hole of the clasp cover. See picture:

1162.JPG

Then the bracelet can be fitted to one of the holes left. If it is still not short enough, you have to remove some of the fixed links. This is a job for an expert only.

6. lando Nov 17, 2017

Some months ago i had mine at the watchmaker; because of the taper no chance to do it on a reasonable basis.

Not the best of constructions ever. And the stretch most of them are suffering means, that not only people with the smallest of wrists are affected.