Forums Latest Members

Shop recommendations in Boston

1. jose75 Jun 19, 2018

Hey guys...I'm gonna be in Boston next week...any recommendations for vintage watch shops to check out?

Very Best,

Jose

hmss007 likes this.
  2. jhross98 Jun 19, 2018

the only (literally) place to go is the European Watch Co. albert & josh are class acts and they have a great selection

BatDad and propervinyl like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 19, 2018

+1 you will be sorely tempted!

propervinyl likes this.
  4. wristpirate Jun 19, 2018

BatDad and propervinyl like this.
  5. sxl2004 Jun 19, 2018

You are missing Red Bar by a week.
    + 1 on European Watch Co
    Also on Newbury St is Shreve Crump and Lowe. They have Analogshift watches.

6. isaac.owen.nz Jun 19, 2018

Another for ewc, agree that the selection is great and varied and sorely tempting!

7. jhross98 Jun 19, 2018

the beauty of EWC, relative to almost any watch store i know of, is they will take vintage watches as trades for new watches and vice versa. they make a margin of course, but they are always willing to take back something they sold you. the flexibility is great. i am a big fan. and don't be scared off by the list prices they will often wheel and deal. . .

8. Traveler Jun 19, 2018

+1 - One of the best dealer experiences there is

9. Vitezi Jun 19, 2018

10. jose75 Jun 21, 2018

Thx guys for the info...:thumbsup:

Very Best,

JB

11. Sculler22 Jun 21, 2018

Paul Duggan in the Jewelers' Building in downtown Boston is well worth a visit. Large inventory and lots of knowledge.

MikiJ likes this.
  12. Reborn Jun 23, 2018

Only European Watch Company on Newbury Street. I don't think there is anything in Cambridge.

13. ac106 Jun 23, 2018

On Newbury there is European Fine Watch, Shreve Crump and Low, Cartier and Yuri's.

Shreve doesn't have much for vintage (but a solid pre-owned section) but their watch showroom is pretty awesome. Worth a trip really

Paul Duggan in Downtown Crossing. While there, check out all the jewelers. Totally hit or miss. Generally priced high but willing to haggle. There are a ton of them so you can really go down the rabbit hole.

Tourneau in Copley.

Lux Bond and Green for Rolex

And maybe visit the Charles Street antique stores. Mostly a tiny selection at ridiculous prices but an occasional gem. It’s a very Boston tourist thing to do.

In Cambridge, the Cambridge Antique Market has a showcase across the from the register that always has pocket watches and some vintage watches. Not a ton and mostly Waltham/Elgin - ish stuff but I have seen a NOS accutron full set and a Rolex datejust in the past. Not really worth a trip unless you’re in the area and want to check out the shop anyways. It’s a five floor multi dealer antique mall but mostly low to middle range stuff with occasional very nice things sprinkled throughout. They have great air-conditioning however and it’s a fun way to kill a few hours if you are into that sort of thing.