Forums Latest Members

Shipping, Post Issues - Holidays 2020 Venting Session

1. BenBagbag Dec 24, 2020

Hey all,

Anyone else waiting on a package from USPS/UPS/Fedex and it's just been delayed and delayed in the past two weeks. I don't blame them per se, but wowza. I'm glad I'm just a buyer this season. Sellers are probably feeling the heat!

Anyone else missing their holiday presents this year?

Etsy sellers feeling the heat:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/etsy-christmas-delivery-delays

Happy Holidays everyone!

This is what I'm waiting on. Nothing too special - first purchase in a few months. Rolling dice on it.

Seamaster.jpg

Dan S and janice&fred like this.
  2. S.H. Dec 24, 2020

I'm always grateful that I can cheaply receive goods from a total stranger using a dematerialized payment. Feels like magic to me. This year, I was able to buy things from as far as Japan, in the middle of a pandemic. It worked flawlessly. Take a moment to think about the complex chain of trust it implies... With that in mind, I don't care much about petty things like small delays.

Nice seamaster btw, I would have rolled the dice too ;)

3. JwRosenthal Dec 24, 2020

Still waiting on a few things and someone is waiting on something from me (going on 2 months now), but all things should eventually show up. The systems we thought were so well developed and advanced in our modern society have been pushed to the limits over the last 9 months, and add a socially distanced holiday season when everyone is shipping their gifts rather than hand delivering them- it just makes it all the more overloaded.
    Like gas, this too shall pass.

Darkhorse likes this.
  4. asrnj77 Dec 24, 2020

I’m waiting on a vintage Citizen diver that shipped from Israel. It arrived in the US on December 10th and cleared customs but hasn’t made it to my house yet. :(

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 24, 2020

I'm still waiting on one small shipment with stuff for the wife and kids. I'll just go ahead and make it into their NY or Orthodox Christmas gifts.

6. connieseamaster Dec 24, 2020

I have some stuff that was sent in early December that still hasn't arrived yet. I've taken a rather philosophical view, stuff will show up when it does and I'll keep the Christmas tree up until the last present has arrived.

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Dec 24, 2020

Popped in to our local Post Office today to send a package across the pond, turns out they are not accepting packages due to lack of storage space at the overseas mail centres.

8. Evitzee Dec 24, 2020

I've been lucky for the most part. I ordered something from Amazon last week that was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Wednesday). Tracked the UPS shipment from Illinois to Fort Worth, TX to San Antonio, TX, the usual route and I would normally get it the next day. Didn't come and at 6pm rechecked the status and saw the package was in El Paso, TX which means it overshot me by about 500 miles, it had obviously been put on the wrong truck. It's been turned around and is making its way back to me and delivery rescheduled for next Tuesday. It happens, especially with all the temporary help they hire this time of year. But I'm continually amazed at all the stuff my wife and I buy that almost always efficiently gets delivered to our house on time, and usually trackable on its journey. When I was a kid you never knew when stuff was going to be delivered, you were at the mercy of the Postal system.

Edited Dec 24, 2020