Forums Latest Members
  1. Selbo Nov 24, 2015

Sorry if this has already been covered but I could not find a relevant thread. I'm working with a private seller to have a shipment sent from Italy to the United States. Is there a preferred courier known for being reliable and with reasonable rates? I know Italy has a spotty reputation so I'm trying to choose carefully. The seller wants me to pick the courier. Thanks.

2. abrod520 Nov 24, 2015

Well, if he can get to a UPS or FedEx store, you'll be fine. DHL also has lots of business in Europe and is reliable in the United States. Otherwise, the handoff from Poste Italiane to the USPS has worked for me a couple times, but in both cases it was only a watch strap, not a valuable watch itself.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 24, 2015

DO NOT USE Poste Italiane

DLT222 and ilrocco like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 24, 2015

Yeah, fedex through parcel pro if you can. You can print the label for them, all they have to do is drop it off or wait for a pick up.

Don't use the local postal service for anything valuable.

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Nov 24, 2015

FedEx is the only way I ship internationally.

6. ping pong patina Nov 25, 2015

fedex / DHL

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 25, 2015

I've had several watches come from Italy via regular post with no issues, but one of the big couriers is preferred - DHL/FedEx/UPS.

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 25, 2015

Another good way is a airline bonded cargo. You take it to the airport and it goes under bond to a US airport. You will have to pick it up at a bond store at a international airport in the US

In Australia we have QANTAS bond that can go to anywhere

There is no way around Customs this way as full declaration is needed and you can insure. Most high value artworks and jewellery is sent this way. Not cheap and a bit of paperwork but safest of all..