Forums Latest Members
  1. LawBrk Jan 25, 2016

I don't consider myself a particularly dumb individual, but how difficult must it be to ship to the EU? .....:confused:

After calls and stops at my local express post provider I'm not sure if I'm sending a watch or a Black Market kidney. I was wondering if a thread about the best methods to send internationally (from the US) would be helpful. Or maybe this is a subject that is usually discussed privately.

I made it through this time and I'm sure as I do it again it will become easier. But if anyone has tips to share, feel free to do so.

2. abrod520 Jan 25, 2016

In my two attempts shipping internationally, I haven't had trouble using UPS / ParcelPro. Apparently you get into a bit of a grey area if the buyer wants to avoid customs duty though, as PP will only insure the declared value.

3. LawBrk Jan 25, 2016

Ah, I see. Well, I'll have to try it again and become a pro.

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

it's probably harder to ship something with a battery in it these days... ;)

abrod520 mentions the hardest part really.. the rest is just paperwork and parcelpro makes that easy as they create the waybill for you.

5. LawBrk Jan 25, 2016

I assume that is if you are using UPS? In this case DHL was my best/only option that wasn't crazy $$$

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

I usually use FedEx through ParcelPro

7. LawBrk Jan 25, 2016

Huh, I requested the FedEx option when I signed up. Their response was that I could use them but only UPS and DHL on the website portal.

I will inquire again.....

8. abrod520 Jan 25, 2016

I had to request FedEx and the ability to ship internationally, but once the request was made it was fairly quickly resolved.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 25, 2016

i signed up before UPS acquired them.. in fact, FexEx is the only option i can use. i can't use UPS.. even if i wanted to.

weird.

10. ericf4 Jan 25, 2016

I signed up with the Centinal Group, CGI as did many members of another forum I'm part of . IMO there is no better experience as they get amazing rates on FEDEX and UPS and they insure up to very high limits.....You can also ship without them and only insure with them if you prefer. Their customer service is fantastic too. The purchase I did last week with a member here, I used my CGI acc to send the seller a fedex overnight label insured for $8k for only like $60 if i recall overnight.

You should check them out, just awesome service and rates.

CGI Direct services include:
    • U.S. domestic FedEx, UPS & DHL priority and standard overnight service with insurance values up to $150,000 limit per package*

• FedEx, UPS & DHL 2day service with insurance values up to $25,000 limit per package*

• FedEx, UPS & DHL 3day service with insurance up to $10,000 limit per package*

• FedEx & UPS Ground: $5,000 limit per package*

• USPS Express Mail: $50,000 limit per package*

• USPS Priority Mail: $10,000 limit per package*

• USPS First Class Mail: $1,000 limit per package*

• Any envelope by any carrier: $1,000 limit per envelope*

• International overnight service with insurance protection of up to $100,000**

• International shipping to more than 240 countries

• Innovative risk mitigation tools through ShipCGI.com

• Always friendly in-house claims suppor

https://centinelcorp.com

wsfarrell likes this.