Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Aug 1, 2016

I need to order a part from Cousins UK they have a few shipping options.

International Non Tracked ROW, Royal Mail - £2.88
    No Signature required, please select at your own risk, Royal Mail do not accept claims for non-delivery on this untracked business service (delivery 3 to 9 working days)
    • International Tracked & Signed ROW,Royal Mail - £11.18
      Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed ROW (delivery 3 to 9 Days)
    • Since the cost of the part is about $25 US dollars I am thinking of just using the NON tracked for 2.88 pounds
    • Has anyone ever used the non tracked shipping The tracked would be more than to 50% cost of the part
    • Any thoughts

2. Tubber Aug 1, 2016

I have used all of them. Never had any problems and arrived quickly. I would just use the £2.88 one for something that costs US$25.00.

voere likes this.
  3. RegF Aug 1, 2016

Never lost a small value item using UK post internationally

It doesn't make sense to over-insure with the tracked & insured option unless the part is unique & irreplaceable.

voere likes this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 1, 2016

how badly do you need the part, and how much inconvenience will you have it it does not arrive? better in my opinion to look at it in those terms vs "shipping is more than half the cost of the part"

RegF likes this.
  5. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Aug 1, 2016

Hi Everyone
    I went with the inexpensive option NO Tracking I have ordered several parts from Cousins however I went with the signed and tracking option. The part is inexpensive and for me it's worth taking the lower priced option.

Edited Aug 1, 2016
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Aug 1, 2016

I agree but I will find out if saving a few bucks will be worth it.

7. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Aug 1, 2016

Hopefully I made the right choice with no tracking or signature time will tell. The part is a hard to find item. I contacted 3 parts supply houses in the US and no one had the part or part number They all told me it's a discontinued item and their books did not even show a part number for the part.
    So far Cousins has always came through with parts for older Omega's GREAT PLACE for vintage parts.

8. repoman Aug 2, 2016

Ordered from Cousins a couple weeks ago, shipping to San Diego, picked the least expensive shipping option and it arrived to me in about a week or so, no problems.

voere likes this.
  9. mdgrwl Aug 2, 2016

Go with the cheapest that has tracking... always have tracking & insurance