Sharing an Omega 166.010

Posts
435
Likes
2,282
I was hunting for one of these for some time and wanted to share what I picked up.



This is the non-chronometer (cal. 565) with a crosshair dial that dates to ~1968. While the dials on these tend to mellow out to a champagne color (which is often lovely) this one has remained fairly silver. Looking at other examples, I think I may need to pick up another with the onyx inserts on the markers/hands.



And now I understand the appeal of these vintage bracelets.
Edited:
 
Posts
246
Likes
586
What a lovely watch! I bet it wears like a dream!
I think both the 166.010 and 166.009 had with and without onyx markers.
Looks super clean, thanks for sharing and wear in good health!
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,332
Very nice. You’re on a tear this month! I hope to be joining you soon.
 
Posts
8
Likes
8
Amazing piece man!! I always feel like these piece are similar in style to a Rolex Datejust. Not to say that they are a copy but the manage to be different enough to stand on their own, but with the same elegance! The beads of rice bracelet looks amazing with it as well. Enjoy! 😀
 
Posts
1,306
Likes
5,825
Great find, congrats. Big plus is the original crown. Many come with service crowns that are a bit of an eyesore.
 
Posts
617
Likes
2,986
Great fotos too Ryan, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your findings!

I agree with @iamvr , the scalloped crown is a big plus for me too.
 
Posts
13,513
Likes
23,449
Beautiful example
Congrats.

Just like with a Deville, I feel the original crown really finishes these off (which yours obviously has).
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
What a beauty! I love the balance of elegance in the style and the playfulness of the crosshair.
 
Posts
128
Likes
1,062
Beautiful one! Conditions are top, I think one of the best I've seen so far.
Hands and indexes are full steel?
Never seen like these. Usually they come with steel and onyx.
 
Posts
435
Likes
2,282
Great find, congrats. Big plus is the original crown. Many come with service crowns that are a bit of an eyesore.
Yep, the original/correct crown and crosshair were the deciding factors for me on this one. 👍
 
Posts
435
Likes
2,282
Great fotos too Ryan, thanks for sharing. Congrats on your findings!
Thanks -- I took out an actual camera for these. Looks like I should experiment with the depth of field a bit.
 
Posts
435
Likes
2,282
Beautiful one! Conditions are top, I think one of the best I've seen so far.
Hands and indexes are full steel?
Never seen like these. Usually they come with steel and onyx.
Thanks, friend. You have a very nice example yourself.

Yes, the hands and markers are steel only. Kind of a different look compared to those with the onyx insets. At certain angles, it can be slightly difficult to read due to contrast, but it's not really a problem.
 
Posts
259
Likes
377
Beautiful. I just picked one up myself a few months ago. Caliber 562. Not perfect, but just had it serviced so it’s good to go for a while. Enjoy yours!
 
Posts
435
Likes
2,282
Beautiful. I just picked one up myself a few months ago. Caliber 562. Not perfect, but just had it serviced so it’s good to go for a while. Enjoy yours!
Looks like you got it cleaned up and on the right bracelet. 👍