Forums Latest Members
  1. Amg786s Nov 28, 2020

Hi there, I just acquired a MOP dial GG, my layout is opposite to yours. Absolutely loving this watch. Yours is a beauty

Ponthelion and Screwbacks like this.
  2. pw92676 Nov 29, 2020

My “jump hour”.

088FDE34-B9EE-4396-9C12-4EB54A806C89.jpeg
  3. coronado Nov 29, 2020

Abra, circa 1930.

IMG_20201007_143704141_copy_590x590.jpg

banshee, Bernhard J, DaveK and 4 others like this.
  4. Ponthelion Dec 2, 2020

Initially thought MOP was rather feminine but turned out rather low key and subtle..eventually grew on me!

5. Screwbacks Jan 13, 2021

amazing VC jumphour

Bernhard J likes this.
  6. hermansen Jul 27, 2021

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Bernhard J, Ponthelion and Screwbacks like this.
  7. Torquemada A man of many smileys Aug 21, 2021

Here I am…
    E615450E-9E20-4754-B220-0A472DD56393.jpeg

Bernhard J, Screwbacks and Oku like this.
  8. VintageRecreate Apr 11, 2023

Any chance you might have opened your Tenor Dorly Sky Raker? Better yet, any chance you might have opened it and taken photos of the movement's top side? :)

I know most watch collectors have not much interest in smartwatches and custom faces, but... since I love vintage/antique watches yet can't afford to collect them, I instead take pleasure in the fun hobby of recreating their individual (visible) components and bringing them to life on my Samsung Galaxy watch. I publish them on the Facer platform for others to enjoy.

So regarding the Sky Raker, it is indeed quite rare. I've barely found a few photos of it. No video yet to see it functioning, and certainly no images showing the movement to see the H/M/S components. I'm having a tough time reconciling/figuring the hours disk versus the day-of-month disk. Looking the the photos, the hours disk is below the minutes and seconds disks. Next, the DOM disk is deeper down below the hours disk, through which we're somehow able to see DOM. My only guess so far is that the hours are split between two separate half-disks designed in such a way that they never block the DOM window. I hope this makes sense.

To illustrate, I recreated another TD jump-hour watch (which was sold under at least 4 other brands, and it's an odd one since it has no seconds hand aside the chrono seconds) and it is mechanically functioning (so to say) with the proper rotation of its disks-- which is how it actually functions on this digital recreation, you actually see the rotation transition from one hour to the next. I can't post links, so to see this recreation, go to Facer's site, and in the search box search for VR202 Jump Hour. But this was easy to accomplish since no one disk covers up another disk where it needs to be seen. See image below to illustrate further, finished face and visible disks of this watch face, side by side. But the Sky Raker has me raking my head!

Also, I'm assuming the innermost disk is seconds and the triangle is minutes?

I thank you in advance for any light you may shed on this interesting mystery!

Dials & Disks.jpg
    Edited Apr 11, 2023
    Screwbacks likes this.
  9. VintageRecreate May 18, 2023

@MoclovFlop any thoughts on my Sky Raker questions above?
    Thanks

10. MoclovFlop Do the Electric Boogaloo. May 30, 2023

Hey,

The movement is the AS2073, here’s a standard shot of it from ranfft’s site:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&69&2uswk&AS_2083

To answer your other question, yes I’ve taken it apart to fix it, it’s a terrible jump system and have actually had to repair 3 other Sky Rakers from other owners because they are just that bad.

Here’s a photo of mine the first time I got into it:

IMG_0801.jpeg

Hopefully that helps with your design.

VintageRecreate likes this.
  11. VintageRecreate Nov 29, 2023

@MoclovFlop thank you so very VERY much for all of that!!! That one photo finally made it clear how the mechanism works: I had been unable to find any kind of details or photos of this watch and its movement, and I was hung up on how the hours disk operates mechanically and for some reason I could not figure out that it is actually offset to the left in order to clear the date disk. I didn't know the movement model # either to look it up on Ranfft. Sorry for the delay getting back to you, life happened in between... :-|

So I know these forums are for actual mechanical watches and their collectors, but being a big fan of vintage/antique watches and not being able to afford to collect them, I'm only left with the option to recreate them electronically for my Samsung Galaxy Watch. So... armed with your photo, I've finally been able to recreate this now that I see the mechanism. I've tried to be as true to the original as I could (I'm only an amateur in graphics), I've reproduced the mechanical movement of the 4 disks and even the jump mechanism of the hours disk. I also assumed the digits and minutes/seconds pointers are lumed.
    Strip2.jpg

And here's the finished functional watch face, it's a free download from facer: https://www.facer.io/watchface/GKwjsYICsQ?watchModel=galaxywatch4black

Thanks again!

MoclovFlop likes this.
  12. Bernhard J Nov 29, 2023

Bucherer Archimedes, 1990s, in a very heavy 18K case.

2.jpg

Aroxx and banshee like this.
  13. banshee Nov 29, 2023

Another Bucherer.

IMG_4951.jpeg
    Bernhard J likes this.
  14. VintageRecreate Nov 29, 2023

Here are a couple I had found since coming across the Moon Raker.

Clipper Automatic Jump Hour, circa late 60's or early 70's:
    Sample 01.jpg

Lucerne jump hour, circa 1960's:
    71fa19f74ccd95d89e27ca2b6c56.jpg

A much older one, Courvoisier Frères Modernista 50mm pocket watch, made for Cigarrillos Excelsior, circa 1905, jump hour plus retrograde minutes:
    Sample 01.jpg

And an even older one yet, and my most interesting find, a jump hour clock "design" from 1888 with the unique feature of only showing how many minutes have passed or are left to the hour. As far as I've been able to find, it never made it past being a patent filed by Archibald Bannatyne of Waterbury Connecticut in 1888.
    Patent1.png

I found nothing else on this design patent and it seems it was never produced, so I used the patent's sketch to create a working smartwatch face and called it Archie's Puzzle. https://www.facer.io/watchface/FL38Mh3tPR?watchModel=ticwatchexpress
    Card-White.png

banshee and Bernhard J like this.
  15. Donko1100 Nov 29, 2023

Lip Baschmakoff

20230321_145952.jpg 20230321_145920.jpg 20230319_125922.jpg 20230319_123818.jpg 20230319_124808.jpg
    banshee likes this.