Forums Latest Members
  1. leepxy Oct 28, 2018

Hey OF,

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get a vintage piece serviced in NYC? I've heard Grand Central Watch but also understand that their pricing reflects the fact that it's in Manhattan...

Does anyone have any experience with the Brooklyn Watch Shop? https://www.thebrooklynwatchshop.com/

Other recs greatly appreciated! For context, I'm looking to get my Omega WWW serviced
    IMG_2105.jpg

murph likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 28, 2018

Have you done a site search? I know this topic has been discussed many times.

3. leepxy Oct 28, 2018

I went about 15 pages deep searching the site but seemed like most recs were for the UK or AU

4. ext1 Oct 29, 2018

Try a google search instead: type
    nyc area watchmaker omegaforums site:eek:megaforums.net
    Lots of results come up!

(it has to be site colon, like, site :omegaforums.net)

5. leepxy Oct 29, 2018

@ext1 thanks for the tip!

6. TDBK Oct 29, 2018

I need a decent watchmaker as well.

Central Watch is AWCI, seems competent, but they're not cheap. I've used them for a few services, including to service my Speedmaster, it was not cheaper than what Omega would have charged, but the result seems good. They finally take credit cards, used to be cash only.

I don't think that Brooklyn Watch really has a watchmaker; they're connected to Chelsea Watch which is the descendant of JWatch; Jamie, the watchmaker for both stores, seems competent but hasn't done a service for me yet. She also has an employee who didn't give off the same vibe of confidence, but he does seem to love Lemania movements, so you've got that going for you.

Here are other places I've tracked as candidates, but I have no experience of; I'd love opinions or experience.

Ron Gordon - AWCI, has a number of decent online references

Manhattan Time Services - Omega certified

Swiss Watch Repair - AWCI

Superior Watch Service - AWCI

Swiss Precision Watchmaking & Repair - AWCI

Watches by Gregory - AWCI

Watchmaking Project - No info

I had a bad experience with Time Pieces Repaired in the west village.

gminnj and ext1 like this.
  7. leepxy Oct 29, 2018

@TDBK I reached out to analog shift and it looks like they're offering servicing again (they previously had too big of a backlog). Sounds like people have had positive experiences with them in the past based on other threads.

TDBK likes this.