Forums Latest Members
  1. 1st speedy Feb 8, 2020

Do you guys send your speedy in for servicing every 5 years no matter how good it's running or only if there's a problem? And when you do, do you have them polish case and bracelet also? I know some prefer having it all original and never change the hesalite or polish the watch at all.

2. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

I’m sure someone will chime in about the speedy in particular but I’ll give you my 2cents on my 2254.50. I had it serviced a little less than a year ago and I wouldn’t consider having it serviced for another 8-10years. Unless something happens to the watch. When I had it serviced they polished the case as well as the bracelet and did an outstanding job. Nothing was overly polished, they made the watch look new again without rounding over any edges.

A speedy might be looked at differently than an SMP. Is the watch in rough shape?

Carlos

3. pianomankd Feb 8, 2020

Any recommendations on where you got your 2254.50 serviced? Thinking of sending mine in in a few weeks...

4. Deegz Feb 8, 2020

I had mine serviced at SWATCH in Toronto.

5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Feb 8, 2020

The Speedmaster I had, I sent it for service when the timekeeping changed. Instead of its usual +2, it started losing time, and after a demag to make sure off to factory service it went.

Tom

6. Thegreatroberto Feb 9, 2020

Sent my speedy for service after 10 years. And mainly because I wanted the bezel changed. I had dunked it after 2 years of ownership. Sent it to a local Omega approved service centre in Kent who did a good job. They returned all the buts that were changed, including the bezel. The watch was running well when I sent it off. I'd just had enough of looking at that bezel. And, this was just before Omega cranked their parts prices up. The bezel was £90 from memory, plus a service at £400?

7. killer67 Feb 9, 2020

I service if accuracy exceeds the normal range

8. Evitzee Feb 9, 2020

As long as it is running well I won't touch a watch. Once timekeeping, or functions, start going wonky I'll get it overhauled.