Forums Latest Members
  1. azpatina Jun 3, 2018

About a year ago I purchased my first vintage Omega - a 67 145.012 Speedmaster. Unfortunately, it completely stopped working this last week. It was losing a lot of time for a while, but this week stopped keeping time completely.

I've seen some mentions of certain shops here and on other forums that seem to be trusted by the community like Archer Watches in Canada. My question is are there any good shops in Phoenix, AZ or Los Angeles, CA that can service it? Would I be better off just shipping it off for service? If so, what shop is best yet affordable?

2. airansun In the shuffling madness Jun 3, 2018

I suggest changing the thread title to “Servicing a 321 Speedy in LA or Phoenix?” You’ll get some decent suggestions.

3. azpatina Jun 3, 2018

Thanks

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 3, 2018

azpatina likes this.
  5. rkman11 Jun 3, 2018

From everything I’ve been told either ABC Watchwerks or Los Angeles Watch Works are the go to for vintage.

azpatina likes this.
  6. Schlotkins Jun 3, 2018

I live in OC CA and just sent my 105.003 to STS. It's not convenient, but hey I figure given he value of the watch why mess around??

Chris

Etp095, Don Bocadillo and azpatina like this.
  7. azpatina Jun 3, 2018

You’re referring to Swiss Time Services in the UK, right?

Did you send it in for routine service? How are their prices?

8. ndgal Jun 3, 2018

I use LA Watchworks, but be ready to wait 3-4 months before you see your watch back...

9. wsfarrell Jun 3, 2018

World Time in San Jose CA does the best work on Omegas and Rolexes of anyone I've seen. They understand about (not) polishing, they understand chrono creep, and they've serviced a bunch of 321's. They are also serious, serious perfectionists. Every watch gets completely disassembled, cleaned, oiled, reassembled, pressure tested, and regulated. They're not cheap ($950 for a 105.012 CB I just brought in), and they have a two-month turnaround time currently. Well worth it for a watch you plan to keep for a while.

joeshoup and Etp095 like this.
  10. Speedy310 Jan 18, 2023

Any other suggestions for the Los Angeles area or is it only ABC Watchwerks and LA Watch Works?

11. swish77 Jan 18, 2023

In Arizona, or anywhere, I'd send it to Philip Ridley. He does mostly vintage Rolexes, but also Speedmasters. He's based in Mesa, Ariz. I've used him for some very high-end vintage pieces with great results. He's also a lot faster than LAWW.

https://ridleywatchmakers.com/