Forums Latest Members

SOLD Serviced Omega Seamaster – very sharp with box, strap, buckle

1. ChrisN Sep 28, 2017

This is an exceptional condition 14k dress watch from approximately 1975, fully serviced with a one-year warranty and is basically a full set: Signed crown, signed crystal, original Omega lizard strap with original gold-plated buckle plus inner and outer boxes. It's a stunning set and would make a terrific present.

The price is: Reduced to £950 (GBP) net to me by bank transfer only to my UK account. Shipping is by negotiation.

As before, I’ll donate 3% of the selling price to the charity of your choice for the first person who can name the album (era related) that my photos are taken on.;)

dv7.jpg
    dv8.jpg

I bought this on OF, 4 years ago, and immediately removed the strap as I don’t wear lizard. I haven’t worn it much, possibly once a month in that time but, it does look stunning under a shirt cuff. It is quite chunky and at 34.8 mm diameter excluding crown is a good size for a dress watch. It was sold to me by a top member and here’s a link to his advert.

His photos are better than mine so, I’m putting these below to show the current condition and to show the service document. I’m a watchmaker and have just finished this service. As for all my customers, I write up the service to show what’s done and the final performance. It’s running very well and, although not a chronometer specified calibre, is now very close to chronometer spec.

The case, dial and hands are very nice with only slight marks due to wear and strap changes. There is an old small mark on the dial at 11:59 caused by someone not knowing how to remove the movement from this front-loading case. You’ll see the crown is out in some pictures to stop the watch as this calibre hacks. Outer box lower portion is split in one corner but, could be repaired.
    dv1.jpg
    dv2.JPG
    dv3.JPG
    dv4.JPG
    dv5.JPG
    dv6.jpg
    dv10.jpg

The movement has good colouring and runs very nicely. As noted, I have just serviced this watch and here are some photos of the service document. If you’re interested in the complete document, click here.
    Service 1.jpg
    Service 2.jpg
    Service 3.jpg

Movement shot showing calibre and serial.
    dv9.jpg

These watches are not, at the moment, as collectable as the sixties Omegas but this is not a 1000 series movement which had a less than top reputation. As Omega make clear (see the last page of the service document), this is a complete redesign and the 1020 calibre has a far better reputation. They are a little trickier to service than a 565 (for example) but return good performance and reliability when set up correctly.

I don’t sell that much but am letting some watches go and you can find feedback for me in the “Seller Profiles and Reviews” sub forum.

I will guarantee this watch to the buyer for one year. That excludes any damage to the case and any damage to the internals caused by water or significant case impacts. The watch you will receive is what’s shown in the pictures including strap, buckle, inner and outer boxes. Returns within a week if there is something not correctly described here or in the pictures. The watch is in now with me in UK as I've moved back from Spain.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Regards, Chris

Edited Aug 18, 2018
    Als 27, Spruce, JvdL and 19 others like this.
  2. ICONO Sep 28, 2017

ELO …Out of the Blue 1977

3. ChrisN Sep 29, 2017

Thought this was a bit easy and in fact, a new member @monfreets87 also got it. Tell me your charity as well, @ICONO.:thumbsup:

Cheers, Chris

4. ICONO Sep 30, 2017

Any Military, or Armed Service Benevolent Charity, … of your choice

Thank you very much

GLWS …it's a lovely piece !

auxpomme, UncleBuck, Tubber and 3 others like this.
  5. François Pépin Oct 1, 2017

It is not my favorite kind of watch, but I enjoyed reading the detailed service document. Thanks!

6. ChrisN Oct 2, 2017

Thanks François.

It's a nice watch and looks good on the wrist!
    dv.jpg
    Cheers, Chris

Alpha, Hijak and François Pépin like this.
  7. ChrisN Oct 5, 2017

Not easy to price this so, reduced to £1100.

Regards, Chris

barryclancy19 likes this.
  8. ChrisN Oct 10, 2017

Not a lot of interest at the moment so, one last bump. The pound is weak so, this equates to $1450 or €1230. Heck tomorrow, could be even less...:whistling: depending on what's said by the UK government.

Cheers, Chris

9. ChrisN Oct 15, 2017

Not any real interest in this at the moment so, withdrawn. I am raising funds for something else so, might post a different watch over the next few weeks and those charitable donations will come from that.

Regards, Chris

IDXM likes this.
  10. ChrisN Jan 26, 2018

Just realised this is only sitting in the safe so, back up for sale at £1100 net to me with shipping in UK included as I now live in England again. Shipping elsewhere by negotiation.

Regards, Chris

Nathan1967 likes this.
  11. ChrisN Jan 31, 2018

Bump.

12. ChrisN Feb 3, 2018

Bump. Not much interest in this which is a shame as it's a very nice original condition watch.

Oddly, if I put this franken up at twice the price, I'm sure it'd be gone overnight... The market is what it is I suppose.
    SM552.JPG

13. albertob Feb 3, 2018

Thumbs up for the cal 1020.
    I have it on my Geneve and it is working flawless.

14. ClarendonVintage Feb 3, 2018

Incredible details and service chronology! A joy to read

15. ChrisN Feb 9, 2018

Now FSOT.

16. ChrisN Feb 13, 2018

One last bump...

17. ChrisN Feb 25, 2018

And withdrawn. Thanks to OF for the space.:thumbsup:

Regards, Chris

18. ChrisN May 6, 2018

Still not had any wrist time and just sitting in the safe so, back up for sale again at £1100 net to me with shipping in UK included. Shipping elsewhere by negotiation. It's a nice watch, serviced and with a one year warranty so ready to go.

Regards, Chris

neilp likes this.
  19. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector May 7, 2018

A really nice watch from a true gentleman, good luck Chris :thumbsup:

albertob likes this.
  20. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile May 8, 2018

A real beauty, and a nice service documentation. Good luck!