Forums Latest Members

Service So Good It Must Be a Sinn

1. bvertz Jun 12, 2019

Last year, I purchased a Sinn tool watch from a well respected forum member. When the watch arrived, I placed it on my winder for a day before wearing it. The first time I wore it, after a few hours, it flopped off my wrist onto the carpet. When I inspected the watch, I noticed that all of the bracelet pins (actually, screws) were poking out. They might have come loose on the winder or my wrist. One of the pins was lost and never recovered.

I contacted a major US dealer for the brand, but he was unable to locate the missing pin. I put the watch back in its case and forgot about it for several months.

Three weeks ago, I thought about the watch while browsing the Internet. I visited the Sinn website and filled out a form to ask about the availability of the pins. I translated my request into German, using Google translate, just in case.

Yesterday, I arrived home to find an envelope from Sinn in my mailbox. They sent the missing pin with an invoice, free of charge. I will be happy and proud to start wearing the watch again. I really appreciate their generosity and customer oriented service.

Walrus, TheBarber, KP-99 and 9 others like this.
  2. Mücke Jun 13, 2019

Very customer-friendly!

3. rkman11 Jun 13, 2019

It’s amazing how huge small things like this are. It basically costs the company nothing, and in return they’ve bought a life long brand supporter.

Had a similar experience with Nomos. I purchased a Tangente used, and the buckle had a scratch. No big deal - I reached out to them to secure a new strap. In the exchange (with a real person via email!) I mentioned the buckle was scratched but not bad and I’d just swap it to the new strap. The strap arrived and I discovered they threw in a new buckle for free, with a note saying enjoy the new buckle with no scratches! That was a $30 buckle, I’m sure less than half that for them, and it’s made me a life long fan of the company!

Didn’t mean to take this away from Sinn, just love hearing stories like this!

TheBarber likes this.