Forums Latest Members

Service near Richmond VA. Mike Creasey?

1. jigray3 Sep 1, 2021

I have an SMP 300 Black Bond Chrono I purchased about 11 years ago that needs service. The minute hand sub dial is not working and does not reset. Anyone use Mike Creasey before? His company is called Time MD in Midlothian. Thanks

2. Annapolis Sep 1, 2021

don’t know anything about him, so this isn’t a reflection on his abilities at all, but for what it’s worth, with a relatively new piece like that—and one that’s a chronograph—I’d probably stick with an official service. Yes, it’ll be expensive and slow, but asking your local AD to send it to Omega for you will come with some peace of mind too. Just my 2 cents.

Liljenquist and Beckstead is an Omega AD and they also have their own watchmaker(s) that do good work. Not sure if they’d insist on sending a piece like that to Omega, but either way you’d be in good hands with an Omega qualified person doing the work.

3. jigray3 Sep 1, 2021

If he’s good, and I think this guy likely is based on my initial research, there’s something to be said for meeting the actual person responsible for doing the work, and who handles all aspects beginning to end rather than an assembly line approach.

I had my Submariner serviced by the watchmaker at the AD where I got it, and also tried the Wizard-of-Oz- man-behind-the-curtain approach sending it to Rolex, and I was happier and more comfortable with the experience at my AD. Just trying to do my due diligence before handing it over. YMMV

Annapolis likes this.
  4. Samsdad Sep 3, 2021

if in fact you use him please let me know your experience. i live in Goochland and would be good to have someone close.

5. jigray3 Sep 4, 2021

I've requested an appointment to meet Mike Creasey about my SMP Chrono and to sus him out. Website says he's done repairs for local jewelers for 4 decades, and awci website says he's attended Omega certification training among others. He also offers 24 month warranty. on Omega Just find it odd there are very few reviews out there on the guy. They are favorable and mention fair pricing. I'll report back.

Edited Sep 7, 2021
  6. jigray3 Sep 7, 2021

Well so far, no luck contacting him. I submitted an online service request form, then followed that up four days later with a phone call, where I left a message. It was a holiday weekend, but have had no response so far. I'll give him a few days then try reaching out again.

7. jigray3 Sep 9, 2021

Today Mike Creasey of Time-MD contacted me and I went by his shop to show him my SMP. He's factory certified on Omega, and as a result offers the 24 month warranty on his work. He stated he offered the same pricing as the service centers, and claimed the prices on the website were in Swiss Francs which does not appear to be the case. He was quoting more than $900 for general service on a chronograph in stainless when the website appears to show $750 USD. He, of course, has every right to charge what the market will bear, but I was unnerved by the justification for his pricing. Back to square one, I suppose.

8. ATWG Sep 9, 2021

I took my broad arrow 3133 movement to Liljenquist and Beckstead for service. Watch was sent to NY and serviced by Omega. Came with all the typical Omega warranty and certificate etc. at a cost of $700. I wouldn’t take a modern where else.