Forums Latest Members
  1. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Hi everyone,
    New here and just bought my first Omega watch. It’s a second hand watch but bought it a reputable store where I buy and sell my luxury purses too. So, my question does anyone knows where in Europe I can have the watch serviced so it will be like new again? How much does it usually cost? How long would it take for them to do the service?

Thank you all in advance for your kind replies. Greatly appreciate it.

C78B03EA-BA92-4A7D-BB32-40130C1337A5.jpeg
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Dec 11, 2018

Where in Europe are you? Or would you be happy to send overseas?

3. Risto Dec 11, 2018

I have no affiliation with this guy but he has done many Omegas and I guess has access to parts: https://watchguy.co.uk/

4. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

I’m in Netherlands. While in Geneva, I dropped off my TAG Heuer at the boutique and they replaced the battery and serviced it for free. While here in the Netherlands, I would be charged €125 for the store to send it to Germany and have it serviced so I sent it to Germany myself instead.

I’m thinking that there must be a place to send the watch for servicing for Omega as well.

5. Risto Dec 11, 2018

Are you joking? Any watchmaker can do this job unless they don't have the special tools to open the case.
    Replacing battery costs few bucks. And replacing the gasket with generic (but correct size) one costs also few bucks. But why send to anywhere for this kind of job? I haven't owned any expensive quartz watches, though.

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 11, 2018

There are a number of Dutch members.
    Perhaps edit your title to include Netherlands and you may get them chiming in.

double-J's likes this.
  7. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Not in Switzerland and here, they don’t. They wouldn’t even touch it within 10 ft. They take services of the high end watches seriously. A Tissot and Certina has to be sent to their own companies for service and battery change. They give you back the 2 year warranty when they do that too.

Thank you. I’ll do it now.

8. cristos71 Dec 11, 2018

Nico Rijsman in Culemborg is a good NL WM, he does lots for me and a couple of other members here. He's very busy though and at the moment has a twelve week waiting list.

double-J's likes this.
  9. ChrisN Dec 11, 2018

There's a lot more to servicing a quartz watch than just changing a battery. Send one to your watchmaker of choice and see if they will do it for a "few bucks"... I've just serviced my wife's De Ville quartz from the same era (cal 1471) and they are designed to be looked after.

@double-J's - you've asked a reasonable question and I hope you find someone who will do it locally. Do you want the case and bracelet refinishing as that may affect your decision?

Regards, Chris

10. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Thank you Cristos! I’ll check on it now. Question though, once it’s been serviced outside of the Omega CS “world”, it nullifies whatever warranty it has left, right? So since the watch is definitely NOT a new one, it’s basically fine to go to other watchmakers? Sorry for so many questions, this is the first time I bough a second hand watch and no clue how warranties work in regards to it.

11. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Thank you Cristos! I’ll check on it now. Question though, once it’s been serviced outside of the Omega CS “world”, it nullifies whatever warranty it has left,
    right? So since the watch is definitely NOT a new one, it’s basically fine to go to other watchmakers? Sorry for so many questions, this is the first time I bough a second hand watch and no clue how warranties work in regards to it.

And yes, I think I’d like the casing and bracelet either refinished or replaced.

12. Shay Dec 11, 2018

I am new to vintage watch and I was referred to https://cjnwatch.co.uk/ by a member of OF to get my watch serviced. He is based in U.K. but I would highly recommend Chris without hesitation. He is approachable, polite, meticulous and highly professional. There is no harm in contacting a few watchmakers and choose the one you are more comfortable with.

double-J's likes this.
  13. ChrisN Dec 11, 2018

You can go to any watchmaker you choose but it will invalidate any existing warranty - I suppose you got that from the shop?

Here is what Omega will do and the price - your watch will come back completely refreshed. In your situation, I would seriously consider this.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/custom...s-and-prices/main-steps-of-a-complete-service

An independent watchmaker will do everything there as well but most of us do very few quartz watches as there is far too much other work and there is less call for quartz work within the collector community. I do one a month and usually just for someone I know.

Good luck, Chris

double-J's likes this.
  14. Shabbaz Dec 11, 2018

Yes. I can recommend Nico as well!

15. Shabbaz Dec 11, 2018

Nico's work

Screenshot_20181211-205445_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181211-205439_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181211-205431_Gallery.jpg
  16. ChrisN Dec 11, 2018

Thanks @Shay for the kind words - it seems we posted at the same time so, just to be clear, @Shay is referring to me and it is a coincidence that we were writing in parallel.

Regards, Chris

double-J's likes this.
  17. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Thank you Shay! Greatly appreciate your recommendations.

18. double-J's Dec 11, 2018

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the information. I’ll look into it. You are highly recommended though.

19. Shay Dec 11, 2018

Nice watch by the way. Good luck with the servicing.

ChrisN and double-J's like this.
  20. Shay Dec 11, 2018

You are welcome Chris. It is well deserved!

ChrisN likes this.