Forums Latest Auctions Members

Service for a Seamaster 600

1. Ejmjr

Ejmjr Jan 18, 2016

Hello all,
    New here and looking for advice. This Saemaster 600 was my dad's who passed away by few years back. I believe he purchased it on a trip to Switzerland. As you can see the crown is missing and the crystal is cracked and it is not running. I live in Massachusetts.... Could you recommend a reputable place in th U.S. to have it serviced. I know very little about OMEGA and this one in particular.

Thanks

image.jpeg
  2. Hijak

Hijak Jan 18, 2016

Where in the U.S. are you located?

3. Ejmjr

Ejmjr Jan 23, 2016

Massachusetts

4. Ejmjr

Ejmjr Jan 23, 2016

I'm located in Massachusetts.

5. Dannyomega

Dannyomega Jan 23, 2016

Hello , first this a amazing timepiece!

The best thing is to take your timepiece to the Omega Store or send to to the Service Center !

You can call this number 2122073333 (omega boutique in new york) and they will give you all the information you need

Omega does a amazing job restoring their timepieces !

Call the boutique and they will def assist you !

Best

Danny

6. BlackTalon

BlackTalon Jan 23, 2016

Uh oh, be careful with that. Plenty of stories about how Omega replaces original parts with new, wihch can dramatially impact the watch.

Taddyangle likes this.
  7. Barking mad

Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 23, 2016

Best thing is don't take it any where near Omega but take the advice from the majority of members here and find a local watchmaker recommended by them;)

Davidt and Taddyangle like this.
  8. Dannyomega

Dannyomega Jan 23, 2016

If has to go to Switzerland they will replace for new parts , that is standard.

But your dial is in great condition, So they will only fix the movement. And crown And replace the crystal!

It will look great trust me

9. Dannyomega

Dannyomega Jan 23, 2016

That is a option too ! I just like mu timepieces to have original Omega parts ! And not some Chinese parts ! That is not the point ! The point is have a full original omega with omega parts !

10. cicindela

cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2016

You don't know what you are talking about. Omegas can be serviced without Chinese parts ,they are every day.

Davidt, RawArcher and Barking mad like this.
  11. Dannyomega

Dannyomega Jan 23, 2016

Ok ! Maybe be ! I just like to know exactly what kind parts are going on my timepiece ! So you can get original omega parts from that omega from that era ? Where ?

12. cicindela

Hardly the best thing, merely one option. It would be prohibitively expense for a piece like this and unnecessary. This dial here is in good shape and the crystal is readily available. There are many avenues for routine servicing.

Taddyangle and Barking mad like this.
  13. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2016

From any watchmaker with an Omega parts account or access to one. No watchmaker is putting Chinese movement parts into an in-house Omega movement from that era.

14. cicindela

First, no one is going around putting Chinese parts in Omega watches, please don't spread myths.
    Second there are many independent watchmakers that have access to Omega parts.
    Archer watches for one, Nesbits for another and countless more that the members here could name.

15. BlackTalon

BlackTalon Jan 23, 2016

Interesting Joe just joined the forum, gave no introduction, and immediately jumped in to 3 threads recommending sending vintage watches to Omega.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  16. ConElPueblo

ConElPueblo Jan 23, 2016

I like this guy! It has been, what, 4 days since someone spouted nonsense (well, you know what I mean... The other sort of nonsense) here!

::popcorn::

Davidt likes this.
  17. cicindela

In fairness to Joe, I suspect he has taken a watch to an Omega Boutique and they filled his ear with a lot of inaccuracies and miss-information.
    The, "your watch will be fixed with Chinese parts sounds like some kind of sales pitch crap that some jerk at the boutique ( and please understand most Omega Boutique personnel I have met are not like that) came up with. Sounds scary to the customer, but has no basis in fact.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  18. Archer

Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 23, 2016

If anyone needs a lesson in "a little knowledge is dangerous" this thread is it...

19. Taddyangle

Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jan 23, 2016

Sure I come here for the expertise in Omega, but the entertainment value from some of these threads does make this the best place to spend my time.

arkstfan likes this.
  20. SpikiSpikester

SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 23, 2016

It's the sort of thing that's so crass and obvious that it makes you suspect he works at the Boutique & is having a slow month after Xmas :)