Service dial on pre-moon

I've sent my (all original) 145.022-68 cal. 861 transitional Speedy off to a reputable independent shop for service. The techs just got back to me and required a dial and hands replacement (originals to be returned). Tritium is disintegrating and they won't service with the original hands & dial. The service dial is a far cry from what's currently on it, and it loses a big part of its appeal. OTOH, the watch is currently not keeping time.

How would you handle?

Get it back and find somebody else. Where exactly are you? Members can recommend a Watchmaker in your area. You can have it stabilized/relumed as well..

Yep. Thank them but ask for it back and find another shop.

Contact Tanner Morehouse at TM Watch Company in Fargo, ND. They do great work and specialize in vintage Omega restoration.

They are not fast - think 3-7 months depending upon the complexity of the work, but they are very detail oriented. Here are the before and after photos on my Seamaster 2761 that I sent to them for restoration.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

What did they do to the dial? It looked pretty good to start with. I can't say I like the white hand lume colour, wouldn't something more cream or beige have been preferable? I am not trying to offend you or piss you off, I always like your contributions on here, but I can't see a massive improvement cosmetically over what was there already. Well crown excepted, the clover is much better!

They were able to remove a few smudges on the dial. If you’ll note, the second hand was bent. They straightened it, replated all three hands and relumed the minute and hour hands. I was ok with the lume color and think it looks fine with the white dial. They laser welded and refinished the case in spots to remove significant dings and scratches, but left minor imperfections so that the watch still has a vintage appearance. This was in addition to a full movement service, replacing the crown with a correct one, polishing the crystal, installing a new strap that I supplied, regulating the movement and pressure testing the case. The watch came back looking gorgeous and running at +2 SPD. The price was very reasonable for the amount of work done. I referred @M’Bob to these guys when he needed some work done on one of his Speedmasters and he was very pleased with the result - and he’s pickier than I am! 😁
Edited:

I referred @M’Bob to these guys when he needed some work done on one of his Speedmasters and he was very pleased with the result - and he’s pickier than I am! 😁

According to my wife, pickier than anyone…

According to my wife, pickier than anyone…
Lol, Bob. And I assume that you remain satisfied with TM’s work?

Lol, Bob. And I assume that you remain satisfied with TM’s work?

First rate, for sure. Thanks again for recommending him.