Forums Latest Members

Service & cleaning recommendation for Pacific Northwest?

1. lerxst Jan 6, 2015

I've got a nice 232.90 titanium Seamaster Pro that I bought new about a year ago. It's got a decent amount of normal wear scratches on it, particularly on the bracelet. I'd like to find a reputable place to make it look new again. I live in the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver, WA, to be precise) and I'd love a recommendation for a good company to use.

There's an obvious choice for a place in Portland, however I had a weird experience there and would like to avoid using them. The other place that's popped up is Tourbillon Boutique in Seattle. They're listed as an actual service center on Omega's web site, too.

Seattle's kind of far away though, and I'd like to avoid having to ship my watch, so does anyone know of a good place to meet my needs closer to the Portland/Vancouver area? I've heard that it is quite difficult to polish titanium and make it look new again.

(Apologies in advance if there's an easy search string that could have turned up an answer to my question - I tried many combinations but didn't find anything useful.)

2. ck1109 Jan 6, 2015

Not in the Portland area, but if you choose to come down to Seattle, the Omega service center @ Tourbillon or Nesbit's would be my recommendations.

crown1081 and lerxst like this.
  3. alfanator Jan 6, 2015

What ck said. Both run by Nesbitts.

lerxst likes this.
  4. puddlep1rate Jan 6, 2015

I personally shipped my newly acquired 3570.50 to Nesbit's due to the reputation they hold. I contacted Jan Nesbit through these forums actually after some other members recommended them and she was incredibly patient and helpful.

Nothing would be worse than a botched service w/ shoddy parts and then having said that your watch is ready to go.

lerxst likes this.
  5. lerxst Jan 6, 2015

Nesbits' it is! Thanks everybody!

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 7, 2015

Just wanted to say welcome to another Rush fan.

Cheers, Al

lerxst likes this.
  7. lerxst Jan 7, 2015

Hah, thanks Archer! Nice to bump into a fellow Star Trek fan :)

8. Mothra Jan 8, 2015

:)
    Oops.

9. lerxst Jan 8, 2015

Hey, his avatar is totally Captain Jonathan Archer!

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 8, 2015

Wasn't my choice, but "assigned" by the mods here. I am a Star Trek fan, but ironically that is the one series out of all of them that I didn't watch...

11. lerxst Jan 8, 2015

Hilarious! Yeah, a Enterprise wasn't my favorite, to say the least... but I love Scott Bakula, mostly for Quantum Leap of course.

12. Mothra Jan 8, 2015

:)
    Al is a proper Olympic archer, which is where the nickname came from.

13. ulackfocus Jan 8, 2015

I watched Enterprise just because Jolene Blalock could really fill out that uniform.