Forums Latest Members
  1. DeVille50 Aug 12, 2018

Good afternoon. I have attached pictures of an Omega Seamaster DeVille Automatic 14K gold filled watch that I purchased in an online auction. After detailing it and to put it back to 100% vintage condition, it needs servicing (running way fast), a new crystal (chipped away at edge from about 27 second mark to 42 second mark), the second hand reattached, and an Omega branded crown. Given the chipping on the crystal and the replacement crown, I suspect someone tried or was able to open the monocoque case and do something with the movement in the past. The Omega branded bracelet is also 14K gold filled and 100% and is in super shape -- I was able to replace the one missing grain of rice in the 2nd row up position above the 3 second mark, using a donor grain. Earlier responses to a post estimated this DeVille to be from the mid-60's years. My questions -- are the correct Omega crystal and crown available, and where would you suggest getting the watch serviced and what should that cost, approximately, if no additional parts are necessary beyond the crystal and crown? I am happy to mail it away for service. My current goal is to have it keep reasonably accurate time and be visually correct. The replacement crystal should help to keep the dial in its currently nice clean condition. All suggestions are welcome. Given the need for the right tools to get at the movement through the front. I am restraining myself from trying to lever up the bezel and crystal and remove the crown, etc. to see the inside case back with the caliber details. Thanks!

case seahorse.jpg Omega Clasp.jpg closeup Seamaster.jpg Omega Dial.jpg
  2. Vanallard Aug 12, 2018

Does the watch measure ~32mm without the crown? If so, I believe you have a 165.004 with a cal. 670 and can find parts online using the reference number or simply take it to a qualified watchmaker in your area for servicing.

3. DeVille50 Aug 12, 2018

Thank you for your assistance! Much appreciated. It does measure 32mm!

Edited Aug 12, 2018