Forums Latest Members
  1. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 18, 2016

We've got a few "worst redial" threads, but frankly some of the crazy repainted dials out there show real artistic talent you've got to admire....
    So don't they deserve their own thread?

Here's one, on an Enicar watch. Gotta give them points for effort.
    The asking price of 439 USD is hugely optimistic but it looks kind of nice (for a woman at least).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Sep 18, 2016
  2. lillatroll Sep 18, 2016

I agree that perhaps they deserve some credit for the nice painting, however, I think most watch collectors, including myself, would rather have an original, ugly dial, than whatever the hell this is supposed to be. There must be a market for them, but probably not for most people on here.

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 18, 2016

Hey @lillatroll, totally agree....
    But as some people here find it worthy of posting stuff they ate for dinner, among other miscellaneous considerations, I as a watch enthusiast find these interesting -- even if they're not collectable.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 18, 2016

Cherry Blossoms? Actually not done badly. I can't say as I've come across any artistic redials, but some manufacturers will do custom dials for you. I took these at the JLC factory...actually the farmhouse next to the main buildings where they do this sort of work:

[​IMG]

And the enamel doesn't stop at dials, so the back of a Reverso here:

[​IMG]

They do a wonderful job at these...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 18, 2016

Wow, I never thought one could find a Tamara Lempicka Reverso or an Einstein JLC. Thanks for posting them, quite unexpected.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 18, 2016

When you move up the horological ladder past the mid-level brands, lots of things are possible that aren't with the likes of Omega or Rolex. Many of the top brands offer bespoke services of varying degrees. Glad you enjoyed seeing those.

Cheers, Al

Syrte likes this.
  7. alam Sep 18, 2016

the rare bonsai dial. :)

Syrte likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Sep 18, 2016

Corum has an interesting way of producing their custom dials for their Bubble series.

9. ConElPueblo Sep 18, 2016

Syrte likes this.
  10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 18, 2016

I didn't understand everything but it's pretty mind blowing... Those watches must be pricey.