Forums Latest Members

Serial number lookup...clarification

1. usernamehere Aug 5, 2019

Hi,

I’m trying my best to locate this information but am not succeeding. Trying to find a resource for looking up production dates for a Speedmaster...but not a professional. It’s a FOIS.

Are you aware of any databases that I can leverage?

bama2141 likes this.
  2. usernamehere Aug 5, 2019

...so my real question is do any of the DBs apply to the FOIS. According to what I’ve found, my serial number would date to a 2006 production when I know that can’t be since the FOIS was release in 2012.

I’ve seen several other FOIS online with the same serial number start that also put them at 2006 so I’m just a bit confused.

Mine is 787XXXXX

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Aug 5, 2019

My Tintin is ~2015 or so, and serial is 7777xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Call an OB and ask them if they can look up the info for you based on the serial #.

4. airansun In the shuffling madness Aug 5, 2019

787XXXXX is my Speedy Tuesday the First. 2017.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Aug 6, 2019

No. Ilovemyspeedmaster doesn’t cover the FOIS as it is too new. You could in theory use the same extrapolation techniques Eugene uses there if you had enough reliable data for the FOIS or similar but on the watches where extracts are not available the data is muddy. What do you use? The card date of sale? What happens when a watch sits in the window or dealer safe for 3-5 years* (like a Tin Tin or Apollo 17 coin dial could have)? That buggers up the data so card dates are no good. I can see why ILMS stops where it does. I have handled enough modern Omegas to be able to make a rough estimate of age based on serial but only to within maybe 3 years, and Speedy serials follow a different pattern to other Omegas. Speedy 1861 models have been between 77-79m for approaching 15 years so you need at least 4 digits for an estimate.

Edited Aug 6, 2019