Forums Latest Members
  1. patmoon89 Dec 16, 2016

All,

I was wondering if anyone out there could comment on the physical positioning of the the serial numbers on the cases.

I've seen the serial numbers on the lugs vary in position with reference to the lug width. Meaning some serial numbers will start closer to where the end links meet while others will have the last number of the serial be quite close to the edge of the lug. Some seem to be a polishing issue. However many don't seem to have been polished that much or at all. Maybe the stamping of cases have variability?

Here's an example.

[​IMG]

Should I be worried?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 16, 2016

Do you see inconsistencies within the same model?

3. VillageIdiot Dec 17, 2016

Jaacck likes this.
  4. Jaacck Dec 17, 2016

didnt think fake movements would even get close to being realistic looking. bit scary

5. patmoon89 Dec 17, 2016

Ive seen it in a handful of similar models but sort of hard to search out if you can imagine. I was reassured about its authenticity after omega confirmed its serial numbers. So no issue there. I was just told it had never been polished before when I purchased it essentially NOS. So I wasn't sure if the positioning of the serial indicated it in fact was polished. But like I said that would be A LOT of material to take off during polishing to recreate that appearance.