Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Jul 11, 2019

Someone almost found my movado Visio. I got out of my car on the water front in Rhode Island several years back and when I returned to my car I found a nice shiny watch right near my drivers door. I picked it up felt a skip in my heart, looked at my wrist and it all came together. I still don’t know how the steel bracelet slipped off. I know it’s only a movado but I always liked the look of the Visio. All was well with the universe when I put it back on.

2. Rochete Jul 12, 2019

Awesome find.

Same here. People find things just by walking, not to mention those working the fields. I once found an Iberian nail, those were the people living here before the Roman conquest. Look at what they use to do with their nails:

1554205909_375963_1554212408_noticia_normal_recorte2.jpg

Also found broken Iberian pottery. All that just on the surface.

3. peterkirk01 Jul 12, 2019

I had the luck many years ago to find a full gold sovereign in a parking meter. I put some change into the meter and one coin was not accepted and came back out. While retrieving it another coin was in their also. A full sovereign. Someone before me must have had it in their purse. Never found the owner so still have it. Nice find.

DaveK and Benbradstock like this.
  4. Edward53 Jul 12, 2019

:eek: I hope he was already dead when they hammered that nail in......

5. Rochete Jul 12, 2019

Yes. They used to bring home the severed heads of enemy warriors and nailed them on the door.

Charming, isn't it? :D

6. xeasygoingx Aug 21, 2019

As a teenager I had a small coin collection. One of the coins was antique (I am sure for that) - maybe even from Roman times. I went to an antique dealer in the city to check the value. You can imagine what he told me ... that it was not really valuable. Back home, I threw it in the corner out of sheer frustration - and that's the last time I have seen. The rest has certainly done my mother with the vacuum cleaner. So much for "childlike naivety" :(

7. Professor Aug 21, 2019

By an amazing coincidence I had been reading a mystery novel set on an Indian Reservation and it mentioned a find of a very rare type of arrowhead.
    The Arrowheads were made from an opaque light pink stone that looked unreal as if made of plastic. These were prized as trade items and often found thousands of miles from the only deposits of this stone.
    Due to the nature of the stone these are chisel pointed to avoid breakage.

I was taking a walk that same day and sat down on a old stone wall near a creek and low and behold a perfect specimen of this arrowhead was lying there at my feet.
    If I had not read that book I'd have never recognized the unique color of the stone and not realized it was an arrowhead.
    I kept it in a small leather pouch with other bric a brack for maybe twenty years and lost track of where I put it last.