Forums Latest Members
  1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2017

hi

Came across a cool watch

Automatic , date , sub seconds and movement was made in house ....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112478891832Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I really liked it and I kept thinking that I have seen one like it previously ...

Came across this listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272284055872Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Good hunting

Bill

Northernman likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2017

I definitely like the price on the Lemania better

Northernman likes this.
  3. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2017

Hahahaha. Gota save up for the ST

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Good hunting

Bill

4. Northernman Lemaniac Aug 3, 2017

Fun fact: Lemania - Patek connection.

upload_2017-8-3_20-16-4.png

Lemania made a ref 9105 in 18k. It bears great resemblance with several Patek models.

Case has the Geneva Key ID 26.
    26 Ponti, Gennari & Cie Genéve 12.09.1934 18.12.1969

Ponti Gennari also made gold cases for Patek (stamped PG).

The building which today houses the Patek Philippe Museum has a fascinating history dedicated to watchmaking.
    Most probably designed by the talented architect Mr William Henssler in 1919, it has witnessed gem cutting under the name Heller & Son, production of jewelry by Ponti Gennari and Piaget, and manufacturing of watchcases and bracelets since 1975 by Les Ateliers Reunis.

'PG' for Ponti Gennari, a master jeweler in Geneva. Bracelets by Ponti Gennari are very rare and of extremely high quality.
    Interestingly, the Patek Philippe Museum is now housed in the former Ponti Gennari factory building.

In 1968, the Ponti Gennari house was sold to the Piaget family, which made it its jewelery department.
    Stern acquired the building in 1975, using it for the workshops that manufactured Patek Philippeís watch cases,
    bracelets and chains. When this operation was moved to the new premises at Plan-les-Ouates in 1995,
    Stern realised that the now-vacant premises would make a perfect museum.

Keep on hunting!