Forums Latest Members

sent my SMP to Omega Service Center.

1. nima0071 Apr 26, 2014

After 12 years of service, My Omega SMP stop working and i had to sent it in to Omega service. I was originally going to service the watch by a local watch maker but sense at some point i had my Watch bracelet high polished and wanted to bring it back to it's original look, I thought the best way to go about it is to sent it in to Omega.Have anyone had any experience with omega service as their work with polishing of the case and bracelet? This is my first time with omega service and i was wondering how perfect they can get it back to it's original look .here is a photo of my SMP before i sent it in & waiting
    to see what the result will come out to be. Omega boutique contact me and said that my watch would be ready in June which is about a month and half. i would like to hear your experience with the Omega service center. ii.jpg i.jpeg

2. Ru4scuba Apr 27, 2014

I've done this twice with the exact same watch. First time took longer (it was sent to Seacacus NJ) that was back in 2005. I was disappointed with the communication the first time. Second time was better (2011).

3. nima0071 Apr 27, 2014

did they do a good job though? As far as polishing?

4. Ru4scuba Apr 27, 2014

The actual service was fine both times. Light on the polishing (but enough to look like new), a new watch case each time and they included the parts they pulled from the watch...so yes, did a fine job!

5. nima0071 Apr 27, 2014

A new watch case. i never heard of that. Rolex dosnt do that at least not after the 5th service maybe.

6. Ru4scuba Apr 27, 2014

Sorry....miscommunication I think. Not a new watch case for the movement...a new red carrying case for Omega watches

7. nima0071 Apr 27, 2014

oh you got me thinking there for a while.