Forums Latest Members
  1. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

so, as some of you may know, i put my grandpa's old geneve for sale...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/172205659862Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    two mins after the auction ends earlier today, i get this email from the 'winner':

New message from: grejohnso-75 (32[​IMG])
    Wow what a nice watch but I'm unable to purchase it at this time will you please forgive and please cancel this order thank you sincerely

:mad::whipped:::censored::::rant:::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored::::censored:: ::rant:::rant:::rant:::rant:::rant::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

this guy has done this at least three other times lately, per his ebay feedback. he puts in a monster reserve bid at the beginning and, if it ends higher than what he cared to pay, pffft... ebay, of course, would never penalize the buyer for anything. you can't even leave a buyer negative feedback proper anymore...

worst thing is, he's currently also the leading bidder for my longines conquest diver auction and, with less than 24 hrs left, i can't even throw his ass outta there...that'll most likely be another wasted auction too.

i'm so livid right now...

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2016

Yep he won at $880.

OMGRLX likes this.
  3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

to be fair, i didn't expect more than $700 or so for it, given the almost mint condition. at $880, i was certainly pleasantly surprised.
    but, dammit, who put a gun to his head to make a huge reserve bid that he never had any intention of honoring to the end?

omegasaso12 likes this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 20, 2016

Pratts!

Will I B******S!!!

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 20, 2016

What happens if you don't cancel it? After he doesn't pay, put in a dispute.

WatchVaultNYC and OMGRLX like this.
  6. Bushido May 20, 2016

That's a good question...what does happen if you don't cancel it and dispute?

OMGRLX likes this.
  7. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

it still won't affect him/the buyer negatively in any way at all...ebay has just gone so supersoft on buyers, it's unbelievable.

me, now, i'm mostly pissed that relisting a just-sold watch on ebay is its kiss of death. it's instant damaged goods.
    and i really wanted that AT so bad and this was part of the AT purchase fund...oh well... :(

8. watchthirst May 20, 2016

9. Bushido May 20, 2016

That's really lame practice by both this "buyer" and eBay. It would seem the more professional thing for eBay to do would be something like: Tie your bids to an account you link, funds in your account must meet or exceed your bid, funds are held once a bid is made, and released back if you lose.

I fear though that the words 'professional' and 'eBay' will never have a shared space together though unfortunately.

Sorry this happened to you man.

OMGRLX likes this.
  10. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

already blocked him, no worries. and i purposely didn't edit his ebay username in my OP so anyone else from here on ebay may be aware if he wastes your time...

yes, thank you, i can still throw him out of the longines auction just yet! i'm doing it as we speak! :thumbsup:

chronos likes this.
  11. watchthirst May 20, 2016

Awesome. GLWS with hopefully an honest buyer.

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

thank you, appreciate it. this is a neat little omega in amazing condition that i know would make someone very happy. and by helping me get my dream AT, it would make me happy too...i know grandpa, an omega lifer, would approve. :thumbsup:

13. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

the ahole had made a $1475 reserve bid on my longines!!! :eek::confused::mad:::censored::

Bidder Action Date of Bid and Retraction
    [​IMG] Member Id: grejohnso-75[​IMG]( 32[​IMG]) Cancelled: US $1,475.00
    Explanation: you just cost me one auction today, you won't cost me another one Bid: May-19-16 04:38:26 PDT
    Cancelled: May-20-16 18:15:48 PDT

this POS must troll ebay and put jumbo bids everywhere for fun....un-effin-believable...

14. watchthirst May 20, 2016

HOLY MOLY! ::screwloose::

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 20, 2016

Maybe it's Ashley :D

16. wsfarrell May 20, 2016

That's unforgivable, but it certainly makes economic sense: he puts huge bids in on a bunch of stuff, and if something slips in cheap under the radar, he owns it, otherwise he just cancels.

17. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

yeah, and they wreak havoc on people's honest auctions...now my watches are damaged goods on ebay...

18. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 20, 2016

It's a good argument for BIN/OBO...

19. bristnj May 20, 2016

Absolutely no recourse for the seller any longer on eBay. If you open a case, all it does is waste YOUR time. eBay makes you wait 4 days and for the buyer to pay. When they don't, or if you cancel the purchase, you get a "credit" for the selling fees. That's right, I said a credit! Check you messages from eBay carefully, they started pulling that. Happened to me recently and I demanded they refund the selling fees, not giving me a credit for future selling fees. Also, you are correct as well, no negative feedback for buyers. I try and avoid selling on eBay at all costs these days. Too expensive and too buyer centric.

marturx and OMGRLX like this.
  20. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 20, 2016

true, but, on ebay, unless i'm selling a superhot commodity or way underpriced, i've seen BIN/OBOs just gather dust for months and months on end...if not longer...