Forums Latest Members
  1. dabbispade May 28, 2019

Been wondering if I should thin the watch collection down a little bit as there are some watches of high value that gets zero wrist time and some watches (like the Speedy Pro) that I really want and more I could buy instead.

Not active enough or have any feedback as a seller to sell here or on most of these forums I like to crawl on :)

But I was pointed toward Chrono24. I used it alot over the years to valuate some watches but never bought or sold there - anyone here that has any experience in these matters ?
    If I get it right it is quite safe as I as a seller ship the watch to Chrono24 and they ship it on it way to buyer when the payment has arrived no ?
    Please any advice on this matter is warmly welcome! :)

2. Shabbaz May 28, 2019

You make a add. After payment on the chrono escrow account you ship directly to the buyer and you fill in the track and trace code in chrono message. After the package is delivered chrono pays out. Takes a coupke of days. Very simple. It's a good place to sell. I've never had any problems.

Gonzophysics likes this.
  3. Enzo May 28, 2019

I have bought and sold on chrono24.
    Transactions have been very smooth in all cases and the status updates/communication at various stages keep both buyer and seller informed, here is an example of a recent purchase I made:
    Enzo_Chrono24.jpg

As soon as the watch was delivered, I informed chrono24 (all done online via their website) and authorised the payment to go to the seller.

thelinendial likes this.
  4. Dan S May 28, 2019

On the site, it says that the fee is 6.5%, up to a maximum of $299. Pretty good compared to eBay, which is 10% and a maximum of $750 (unless you have a store, obviously). Maybe it's worth a try.

thelinendial likes this.
  5. WatchShopping May 28, 2019

We do business on Chrono24 as well and haven't had any issues. I highly recommend it since they do offer an escrow service where they hold the buyer's money, which then gets transferred to you once the watch has been delivered to the customer. They do charge a fee for using their platform though.

Some things to note:
    - You will ship to the buyer directly, but before shipping out to the buyer make sure that the payment has been verified by Chrono24 already. (It's a confusing process where the customer has to submit an order, which you then review, and then send back for them to accept the terms. Sometimes the customer will think they have already paid since they are asked to enter their payment information in order to submit payment.)
    - Provide the tracking number to the customer as soon as the watch has been packaged. (You get paid once the customer receives the watch, so you don't want to delay this process.)

I hope you find this useful!

thelinendial, Capcom and Motik like this.
  6. Walrus May 28, 2019

How does it work financially what is chronos cut

7. dabbispade May 28, 2019

Great thanks guys :)

8. Shabbaz May 28, 2019

Not sure exactly but they take a fair cut. Nothing ridiculous. And to be honest, I dont really care. It's not my living selling watches and I dont mind if I loose a couple of euro's to chrono. It's a good selling place and you reach a lot of people. And I like the chrono escrow service. So good for them.

CJpickup57 and dabbispade like this.
  9. boraxman May 28, 2019

I may give them a try...

10. Vega Mike May 28, 2019

I’ve used Chrono24 in the past to both buy and sell watches. My experience with the platform has been nothing but positive. As others have noted above I have also found the fee structure when selling to be more reasonable than with eBay and PayPal.

11. asrnj77 May 28, 2019

I thought about selling once before but it asks for the money up front to list it. I think if the watch doesn’t sell in a certain amount of time (6 months?) then you can get your $200 back. The thing is that many people try to list their watches on multiple platforms so if they sell on Omega Forums they don’t want to cancel the listing on Chrono24 otherwise they may not get the money back.

I may be wrong since I didn’t actually go through with the listing but this is what kind of turned me off.

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  12. Shabbaz May 28, 2019

That was in the past but not anymore. Now it's free listing and they take their cut after payment.

Capcom, Albe100 and bikehomero like this.
  13. Len May 29, 2019

Still doesn't solve the risk the buyer might state watch didn't arrive or package was empty which puts me off eBay as they are pro buyer. So C24 don't ship the watch anymore? that is a foolproof method. - anyone have feedback on using CataWiki.

AJR likes this.
  14. peterkirk01 Jun 2, 2019

Trying to sell an individual watch on chrono24 still incurs an upfront payment according to their website. Maybe if you are a dealer or sell multiple watches they let you list for free and take their commission on final sales.

15. Shabbaz Jun 2, 2019

Well. I'm not a dealer but maybe it has to do with the fact I use chrono escrow service. Or they forgot to change the info on the website.

16. DotOverNine Jun 2, 2019

I've made a successful purchase from a german authorized seller with the escrow service. All went perfectly. However, for me to list a watch to sell as an private person i'm not sure if i'd dare to trust the escrow service. What if we buyer does not confirm the delivery?

17. Enzo Jun 2, 2019

In order for the watch to be shipped the buyer has already paid and the money is sitting in the escrow account.
    The shipment is tracked, and the money is not released to the seller until the delivery is confirmed...
    and it does not get released back to the buyer if he denies delivery until an investigation has taken place.

18. dabbispade Jun 2, 2019

So if I use the escrow service they don´t charge the fee upfront ?
    Find the fee a little high upfront as I might sell it elsewhere :/

But what is the escrow service in details ?

19. KeithS Jun 2, 2019

I suppose at least part of this risk is mitigated by using a shipping service that requires a signature. If, however, the buyer claims the box was empty, how does the seller then go about proving that the watch was actually shipped and delivered?

20. loniscup Jun 3, 2019

I sold a watch a couple of days ago. They never asked for a fee up front. If you want more than 4 pictures they charge 49€. 6,5% fee is after the deal is done and you get paid, not before