Forums Latest Members

Selling a watch in Chrono24

1. Risto Jun 14, 2018

Has anyone experience in selling watches in Chrono24 website?

I've just sold one and I'm using Escrow service (buyer paid to Chrono24 and then they pay me).
    Because I need buyer's phone number I'm trying to get in touch with the buyer, but no answer.
    I've also contacted Chrono24 support, but they have not answered to me in few days and I sent them 2 messages.
    Is that normal with them?

I cannot ship the watch without the phone number. I am using DHL Express (1-2 days Worldwide).
    The buyer seems to be a new user, too, so that rises some questions.
    I feel that I'm not protected against fraud, so need to confirm the buyer first.

I also don't see any buttons to cancel the transaction, which is really weird for such a website.

2. tikkathree Jun 15, 2018

To be honest it's no great surprise that there isn't a "cancel transaction" button available: can you imagine the time wasters?

If you've messaged that you need the purchaser's contact details for the shipping company already one option is that you send the same message but confirming that you are not able to proceed without those details and simply sit back and wait. Don't touch the money they've transferred to you. It's not hugely satisfactory I know but you've still got the watch.

3. Risto Jun 15, 2018

Well, the phone nr arrived and I talked to the buyer via SMS. Shipped this morning, too. But seriously disappointed in Chrono24 support. They have not transferred anything yet. When the buyer get's the watch, then they send me money.

4. Enzo Jun 15, 2018

This is what an escrow service is...
    The buyer is happy to pay the money into a trusted third party account, knowing it will only be released after he receives the goods.
    The seller is happy to send the goods, knowing that the buyer has already placed the funds into the trusted account and will be released to them once the goods arrived.

5. Risto Jun 15, 2018

Yes, of course I will receive the cash when the buyer receives the goods.
    I'm not disappointed about the financials side, I'm talking about the Chrono24 team, who's not answering me.
    Fortunately buyer contacted me in the end.

6. jimmyd13 Jun 15, 2018

That is the point of escrow. Your money is currently residing in Chrono24's client account (at least I would hope it's in a client account). They will earn a little interest on that and, no doubt, charge a fee as well. The buyer is protected from those scenarios we sometimes hear of a package arriving that contains nothing more than a watch catalogue and, once the buyer confirms receipt, you will have the monies transferred to you.

7. jimmyd13 Jun 15, 2018

Yup - sounds pretty piss-poor customer service

8. Enzo Jun 15, 2018

Ah ok.

9. bonerp Jun 15, 2018

so do Chrono24 inform you when money has been deposited with them and that that is the time to release the watch to the buyer?

Just asking as I have my Goodplanet for sale on there and its the first time I've used them too!
    thx

10. Enzo Jun 15, 2018

Yes they do.

bonerp likes this.
  11. Risto Jun 26, 2018

Just wanted to say that it was a successful sale.

bloomy, Retsamaes, Mtek and 1 other person like this.