Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 3, 2017

I ran across this Union Glashutte from the sellers pictures and write up. The watch looked like a clunker. I took a gamble and I'm very pleased with the watch The watch arrived today first two pictures are from the seller the third picture as arrived. Sometimes we get lucky

u1.jpg u2.jpg 011.JPG
  2. Willem023 May 3, 2017

The nerve to buy, based on those candle-light pics......
    Seller should be punished for this :whipped:, hope you did a great deal.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 3, 2017

It was a very good deal

4. adi4 May 3, 2017

Armed with knowledge, bad pictures can really lead to some great deals. It's usually a gamble most of the time when the condition is unclear, but it looks like you did great here. Nice watch!

5. Uniqez May 3, 2017

Congratulations. Nice looking watch!

voere likes this.
  6. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 3, 2017

Sometimes knowledge can be dangerous.

7. levkov May 3, 2017

Almost all the best deals I've ever had I could thank for poor images..
    Unfortunately these days even phone cameras are foolproof and take brilliant pictures, so there's less and less chance for a bargain..
    Great catch, congratulations! [emoji4]

8. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 3, 2017

That's a great looking watch. Nice score!

9. Edward53 May 3, 2017

This
    de Ville 1.jpg
    turned out to be this:
    Ludovic 015.jpg
    and this
    Constellation 505 1.JPG
    turned out to be this (with BOR added by me):
    Ludovic 022.jpg

I'm a fan of bad pictures.

10. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ May 3, 2017

Most of the time "99%" I steer clear of watches with bad pictures. One has to wonder if the pictures are poorly taken by design to hide defects. I lucked out with the Union. Since the seller had a fairly good return policy, I went with my gut instinct and took a gamble. So far so good.

11. Edward53 May 4, 2017

The 64K question with a bad pics listing is whether the seller is deceitful or just incompetent. Are their other listing pics equally bad? Have they sold any other watches? How long have they been on ebay? Do they seem not terribly bright from their wording? I bought the SM de Ville from a lady who'd been on ebay for years, sold mainly household items like kids' clothing and toys, whose other listing pics were of a similar standard and who obviously wasn't that clued-up. The Constellation came from a student raising money with other odds and ends. I've avoided other listings with very similar pictures but obvious red flags, eg how come they are selling three watches and the other two are clearly photo'd? After a while you get a feel for who's genuine and who's a shyster. If I'm on the fence about that, I don't bid.

ahartfie likes this.