Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Seiko 'Sumo' SBDC005 Gen.1 Orange Dial (+ papers + seiko sumo bracelet)

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 1, 2021

Dear ΩF

Up for grabs my Orange Seiko Sumo SBDC005. This watch was extremely difficult to find when I bought it new round 2015, and I am not seeing many of them up for grabs now. It has been lightly worn, only a handful of times in the last 4 years...it thus free's up some space.

IMG_7053.jpg
    I unfortunately don't have the box any longer (in those days I was tossing them ::facepalm2::) but I do have the original booklets/papers.

IMG_7192.jpg IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg
    It has black hands (my only criticism of which is that they are not fully black) and the first generation dial which can be seen by the cursive 'automatic' and lack of Prospex X which IMHO ruins all the modern Seiko's...watch manufacturers and their bloody excessive text.

Inside ticks the trusty 6R15 automatic movement. Never been serviced, never been opened, and please don't ask me too, as it is really not necessary. This watch is like new and sparely worn by the first owner (me) since new (about 7 years).

IMG_7055.jpg
    It comes with its original Seiko rubber dive strap, which I have never worn. The day I got it I took it off and turfed it in the strap box (I didn't like it). It has a great sweet smell though...

IMG_7056.jpg
    Caseback has some lint and fingerprints (apologies). Production of April '14.

Some small scratches on the clasp and bracelet.

The case is in immaculate condition. Maybe a few micro swirls here or there, but no dings or scratches or anything of the sort.

IMG_7057.jpg IMG_7058.jpg IMG_7059.jpg IMG_7060.jpg IMG_7061.jpg IMG_7062.jpg
    The casework on these really is exquisite...very much in line with Grand Seiko and the more expensive Seiko pieces IMHO. Here are some macros...

IMG_4766.jpg IMG_4767.jpg IMG_4768.jpg IMG_4769.jpg IMG_4770.jpg IMG_4771.jpg IMG_4772.jpg

One very small scratch seen at this zoom level.

Tropic strap NOT included.

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. For an international sale : 1050 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my bank (Transferwise) account, or the equivalent in ADA/DOGE/BTC/LTC/ETH sent to my wallet. More currencies are available upon request.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation. Feel free to request any further angles etc.

My price includes shipping and insurance to wherever you are in the world.

Click here for references on ΩF.

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms of the watch are welcome.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

Edited Apr 3, 2021
    Alpha, red crowned, kov and 11 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 5, 2021

Summer is coming guys! The perfect chance to mirror your soul on the wrist up for grabs! 200m water resistant...you can definitely take it on all adventures!

93446076-7473-45F6-8426-C8BA1AE7173D.jpeg

Cat not included! Happy-weekend-bump...

3. lexieb007 Mar 6, 2021

Damn - this is a nice original Ist gen Sumo. True collectors piece - don't think I've seen a better one.. GLWTS

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 6, 2021

This is THE modern Orange Seiko Diver. Best hands of most of the modern Seikos, and NO X!!!

good seller as well.

Wivac, eugeneandresson and lexieb007 like this.
  5. lexieb007 Mar 6, 2021

Yep I'd buy it but I have a Ist gen blumo - and I have too many original Ist gen Seiko divers already :)

eugeneandresson and Foo2rama like this.
  6. lexieb007 Mar 6, 2021

come on why isn't this sold already?... it's a classic example....

eugeneandresson likes this.
  7. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 12, 2021

Price bump and change of T&Cs :thumbsup:

8. Wivac Terribly special Mar 12, 2021

Not confirming or denying I've drooled on my keyboard but honestly, if I wasn't in self enforced watch exile right now.....

lexieb007 and eugeneandresson like this.
  9. Adri Wonders why he can't edit this message Mar 13, 2021

Top::love:: GLWS

10. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 19, 2021

How could I forget! Was rummaging around the bracelet graveyard and rediscovered that I had a Seiko Sumo bracelet for it.

That is now included in the sale (wouldn't be able to use it without the watch). OP modified accordingly :thumbsup:

Edit: bracelet was gifted to a friend...so no more.

Edited Apr 3, 2021
    lexieb007 likes this.
  11. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 21, 2021

...and found the papers ::rimshot:: (OP modified accordingly...glad to see my memory is not so rusty...).

IMG_7192.jpg IMG_7193.jpg

Lonestar likes this.
  12. dstern Mar 21, 2021

GLWS. I think your description omitted the word "not" in your comment about shipping costs.

13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 21, 2021

T&Cs changed (ie its included) :thumbsup:

14. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 31, 2021

Withdrawn. It now goes to eBay, without the bracelet (I have a friend who could use it).

15. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 1, 2021

Don't religiously follow the sales but this was certainly a nice one, unfortunately another example of how 'Brexit' has made it difficult for us UK members :mad:

16. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 1, 2021

I live in CH...an ‘island’ in Europe. But at least the tax rates are more reasonable :)

Alpha likes this.