Forums Latest Members

Seiko SDGM003 Grand Cocktail...

1. gaczr7s Sep 10, 2015

Just arrived today. I am blown away by the quality of this watch gents. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Travelller, Sameh, KCScott and 4 others like this.
  2. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Sep 10, 2015

Awesome photos, a great looking watch, sweet dial and yes it does look very well made, especially for money you pay for them

Sameh likes this.
  3. gaczr7s Sep 10, 2015

Thanks mate.

4. Fer Seamaster Sep 15, 2015

Awsomw pics and awesome watch.

I think JDM Seiko Brightz models are probably the best bang for the buck out there. You are getting top-notch quality like in a Grand Seiko at less than half of the price.

5. gaczr7s Sep 15, 2015

Man, I could not agree more. I would certainly put this watch, quality wise, right next to my PO. For sure the movement is not nearly as refined or compared to a GS but about every other detail looks to be hand crafted and quality assured. The fit and finish of the watch is just perfect. On my wrist for just a few days and I've had 3 comments on it. Just really loving the watch and the price I paid. Problem now though is I'm looking at about (4) more Seikos at this price and quality point. Ugh.

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 15, 2015

Beautiful watch. Great photography. Well done sir.

7. gaczr7s Sep 15, 2015

Thanks mate.

8. PatrickJ Sep 15, 2015

JDM Seiko kick ass! There website for the home market is very cool, very good quality for what you pay.

9. gaczr7s Sep 16, 2015

Thanks Pat. Couldn't agree more.

10. gaczr7s Oct 4, 2015

Just back from Vegas where I took 3 watches, this 003 a PO 8500 and a Longines Master Collection retrograde. Have to say this watch made it to my wrist more than the other two combined. Every day I wear it it seems to get better. I have to say I'm constantly polishing it though.

11. Riviera Paradise Oct 4, 2015

@gaczr7s incredible finish on that Seiko, stunning pictures, congratulations! Curious as to how much it cost.

Looks like it has the ugraded 6R15c movement which apparently solved some long term stability issues encountered in the preivous versions.

12. gaczr7s Oct 4, 2015

$624 from ShoppingJapan.net. Here's a link: http://www.shoppinginjapan.net/sdgm003

Yes, it has the 6R15C movement.

13. talansari Jan 19, 2016

I just recieved this amazing timepiece from seiyajapan and it looks just amazing but I do have a question. Is the crown a screw-down crown because no matter how much pushing and twisting I do it's still in the winding position. Is this normal?

14. gaczr7s Jan 19, 2016

Tal, this is not normal. The watch does not have a screw down crown.

15. gaczr7s Jan 19, 2016

Doh! Sorry Tal, just reread your post. I misunderstood.... It should be In the winding position closest to the case. There are three positions.. Closest to the case is winding, one pull out is date setting, and all the way out is time setting. Sounds like the watch is fine.

talansari likes this.
  16. talansari Jan 19, 2016

OH man you dont know how much comforting to hear that now. Shipping back to japan would be just a nightmare. Thank you so much for your prompt and very helpful reply.

17. gaczr7s Jan 19, 2016

No problem. Sorry for the confusion in the first response.