Forums Latest Members

WSRUW: What Seiko Are You Wearing Today?

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 22, 2018

Aye

You're probably familiar with unruly,meaning "not readily controlled or disciplined." Have you ever wondered, "Is there a 'ruly' too?" If so, did it seem to you that such a word should exist? A little over 150 years ago, someone apparently followed that same thought process, creating "ruly" by dropping the prefix from "unruly." Whoever did so probably thought the coinage was a new one, but that's not quite the case. There had once been another "ruly" with much the same meaning as the modern term, but it had been out of use for over 200 years. Ultimately, "ruly" and "unruly" come from "reuly," a Middle English word meaning "disciplined." "Reuly" in turn comes from Middle English "reule," a predecessor of "rule."

DaveK, Dr_P, Kreindog24 and 4 others like this.
  2. jrc693 Apr 23, 2018

Hey guys!

Don't post here often, but I'm a pretty obsessive Seiko collector. Great to see some others here too!

Here's one of my favourites

Have a good day!

IMG_7562.JPG

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 23, 2018

Here is the new Sub Forum guys..

Enjoy yourselves

OF Seiko Forum

link

Edited Apr 23, 2018
    Uniqez likes this.
  4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Apr 23, 2018

You really should have a warning with that link.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 23, 2018

Damn, just missed it. Knowing Andy it was probably a link to "Save the Crocodiles" website.

Or maybe not...........................

:D

Syrte likes this.
  6. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 23, 2018

Thank you

7. Professor Apr 23, 2018

I never realized that Seiko had manufactured so many excellent classic high quality watches till visiting this board.

If not for visiting the Seiko threads when I worked on a pair of Quartz Seikos for a friend I'd probably not given them a second thought. Now I'll be keeping an eye out for the nicer examples.

8. keepschanging Apr 23, 2018

Can you remove Citizen please?

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 23, 2018

image.jpeg

Syrte, frederico, adi4 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ulackfocus Apr 23, 2018

Orient used to be the 3rd brand that forum handled along with Seiko & Citizen until Orient ponied up a bunch of money for Ernie to create their own dedicated forum. $$$ runs the world!

11. Humptymarsbar Apr 23, 2018

Hi all, I don't think we need a separate section .
    We have a section called Seikos!! if you want to post Seiko watches , i know because of the many times I have post ( farmed) there.
    So even though I have a few Seikos only my KS I would class as a interesting piece the rest being cheap quartz and Bellmatics.
    I believe it's a Omega forum for a reason and the mods graciously allow them.
    Yours humbly .

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 23, 2018

Did Burt get any money ;)

13. ulackfocus Apr 23, 2018

No, Big Bird had a lien on Burt from a court ruling over a property dispute on the abandoned Electric Factory built on the lot between Sesame Street and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, so Burt's share went to Big Bird and the lawyers.

14. keepschanging Apr 23, 2018

A lien on a human, uhm, muppet?! That’s legally novel - one might even say, UNRULY...

Speedy_Gonzales and jetkins like this.
  15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 23, 2018

I guess the Rolex and Zenith Sub forums should be pulled then.

16. Humptymarsbar Apr 23, 2018

Touche sir :thumbsup:

efauser likes this.
  17. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2018

Personally I'm not really in favour of adding more sub-forums, regardless of the brand. As much as one could "justify" adding a Seiko sub-forum, or possibly many other brands, there has to be a line drawn somewhere, and I think it's fine where it is now.

As the first post in this thread proves, the Seiko guys have found a spot to talk about their watches in that thread, so I really don't see the need to create a separate sub-forum that will now mean all future posts get split up into a lot of different threads.

I don't know specifically why the brands that have sub-forums already got them, but I'm sure it's a decision the people who run this site made for a reason. It's up to them what gets included or not, not the rest of us.

Cheers, Al

18. Alphasports Apr 23, 2018

This 6309 will be 40 years young this fall, bought it when I was 17! Bought a new Rolex GMT (black) last week and I'm wearing this today.

[​IMG]

19. AveConscientia Apr 23, 2018

My point is that Seikos!!! Is merely a what are you wearing for Seikos while the strong base suggests a more dedicated area. I also don't think adding just a Seiko section will clutter the site nor open the flood gates to other brands.

Edited Apr 23, 2018
  20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2018

Does it though? If people want to discuss Seikos and talk about all other aspects of them aside from what they are wearing, then they are free to do so. No one is stopping them and I don't see a huge number of posts outside that thread really.

airansun and Spruce like this.