Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko Alpinist SARB017 Compass Dial Watch

1. sxl2004 Jun 30, 2017

For your consideration, a Seiko Alpinist watch SARB017 with a mesmerizing green dial

Seiko is one of the best-known watch manufactures. They provide robust high value watches for modest prices. Interestingly they are one of the few watch brands that actually produce every detail of their watches in-house.

The case is stainless steel with polished sides and brushed lug tops. The bezel is polished steel. The case has minor signs of use, a few micro scratches. The bezel has a few small dings at the 12 o’clock position close to the case.

The watch has two crowns. At 3 o’clock you will find the regular movement screw down crown. At 4 o’clock the crown to operate the internal compass bezel can be found.

Two links on how to use the compass bezel;

https://www.seikowatches.com/support/ib/pdf/SEIKO_RCR07.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/comments/3vfshb/seiko_the_alpinist_how_to_use_any_watch_as_a/

One of the more striking features of this watch is the iridescent green dial. It has applied golden hour markers, Arabic numbers for the even hours and triangles for the uneven hours. The minute markers are printed in white at the fringe of the dial. The dial gives way to the angled compass internal bezel. At 12 o’clock the Name Seiko is applied with golden letters. Above 6’oclock the words Automatic, Diashock, 23 jewels and 20Bar are printed in white. At 3 o’clock at date window can be found.

The hands are golden lume filled Mercedes hands.

The crystal is Hardlex and has no scratches.

The caseback is stainless steel and features the Alpinist symbol, the serial number, the caliber and the water resistance.

The watch features the Seiko 23-Jewel 6R15 automatic movement.

The watch comes on the original unworn strap. I have replaced the strap upon arrival and just mounted it again.

The watch is 46,5 mm lug to lug, 39.8 mm wide without crown, 43.3mm wide with crown and 12.1 mm high.

The watch is 15-month-old and barely worn. It shows very little signs of use (the bezel micro dings being the most) and is in great condition and runs well (not timed on timer).

The original box or papers as I received them are included.

I am asking for US $325.

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping will be $10 in CONUS and $35 internationally Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

1IMG_2751.JPG IMG_2748.JPG IMG_2750.JPG IMG_2752.JPG IMG_2757.JPG IMG_2758.JPG IMG_2761.JPG IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2764.JPG IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2766.JPG IMG_2770.JPG IMG_2771.JPG

Edited Jun 30, 2017
    Kreindog24, Lonestar, Jwit and 3 others like this.
  2. MikeMan2727 Jun 30, 2017

Very fun watch and a great JDM model. I've eventually wanted to own this one. GLWS!

3. sxl2004 Jun 30, 2017

Thanks

4. sxl2004 Jul 1, 2017

Sold

efauser and oddboy like this.