Forums Latest Members

SOLD SEIKO 6139-6015 Chronometer 1973 "Blue Bruce Lee" $525

1. SOG53 Mar 11, 2023

Greetings OF Community

The watch: I am offering for sale a SEIKO 6139-6015 Automatic chronograph from 1973, also know as “Blue Bruce Lee”, as the actor famously wore the 6139 watch (his was a black dial). This watch is considered by many to be the first automatic chronograph, coming to market early in 1969. The 6139 movement is a well known and highly regarded workhorse, with many different dial combinations offered. This has the SEIKO deep blue starburst dial, which is a beautiful color particularly in the hand.

The watch is in very good condition, with light use evident on the case and crystal, consistent with 50 year old watch.

DIAL: .Deep Seiko blue starburst, with clear tachymeter text and hour and minute and minute fraction markings. Dial is clean with no damage or markings. Some reflected marks from crystal imperfections not on dial itself. Intact clean lume plots which glow after strong light exposure but fade quickly, consistent with vintage lume. No lume degradation or wabi noted. Subdial at 6:00 typical for this reference with 30 min markings intact. Dial markings Japan 6139 between 7-8 hour markers, -6019T between 4-5 hour markers, with proper text and fonts. Day/Date window at 3:00, working well with English and Spanish day wheel.

HANDS: Original steel hour/minute hands with intact lume, briefly glowing then quickly fading like hour lume plots consistent with vintage lume. Red/orange sweep hand and subdial hand good condition same color consistent with both being original.

BEZEL: External bezel is stainless steel, internal bezel is fixed Tachymeter scale.

CASE: Stainless steel case with some marks and dings consistent with age of watch, nothing significant. No evidence of polishing noted, case lines intact.

CROWN/PUSHERS: Original dimpled unsigned crown, functions well. Original pushers functioning well, with start/stop chrono (top pusher) and chrono reset (bottom pusher) functioning crisply and well. Chrono resets to zero.

CASE DIAMETER: 39 mm, very wearable size

CASE BACK: Cade screwdown caseback, marked Stainless Steel 6139-6015 Water Resistant, Serial number 341261 dating watch to April 1973. SEIKO and Suwa logo in center, Japan A at bottom. Some wear and scratches consistent with age, no case opening scratches noted.

MOVEMENT: 6139B Automatic chronograph, clean and keeping good time. Chrono functions working as they should. Day/date change over at MN and quickset functions normally. (Day and date move ahead with firm crown pressure, date only moves ahead with lighter crown press) Nice easy quickset function. (NOTE: some pictures show date partially changing the time was 11 PM and date starting to change- see later photos day and date change completely and normally)

SERVICE HISTORY: Service history unknown, I have owned for 1 year working well. I have worn it once or twice around house shortly after I got it, that’s about it. Servicing the watch before regular use always a good idea.

BRACELET/STRAP: New Kvarnsjo Vintage leather strap (19mm) with quick change integrated springbars, from Sweden (CNS straps)

CRYSTAL: Original Seiko Hardlex (mineral glass) crystal, with few marks and small scratches can be seen on photos. Fairly clean not easily seen on the wrist.

ACCESSORIES: Watch and strap only, no papers or box

Asking Price: USD $525 net to me

Payment: PAYPAL FF preferred, will do GS with 4% fee, Zelle also accepted from US

SHIPPING: shipping to be discussed based on carrier and destination, I am in Toronto Canada, will ship insured with signature confirmation

All vintage watches should NOT be considered waterproof. The watch is running well as it should on all functions at this time. No future warranty regarding Watch function is provided as this is a vintage watch.

Sold as-is, No returns unless I have materially misrepresented the watch. I have described the watch to my best knowledge. Please ask any questions before purchase and look at many detailed photos carefully as they accurately document Watch condition

REVIEWS: I have been OF member for 2 years have 1 positive sales feedback and 3 positive buyer feedback on OF ( in Seller Buyer reviews under SOG53) and 20 years buying selling on EB with 100% (over 570 ) positive feedback- some watches many others collecting antique wooden duck decoys. EB seller name cooper7440.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/excellent-transaction-experience-with-sog53.155298/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-is-a-great-buyer.153716/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-seamaster-chrono-145-018.155918/

https://omegaforums.net/threads/sog53-is-a-great-seller.156777/

Best regards,
    Sidney

IMG_4933.JPG IMG_4929.JPG IMG_4932.JPG IMG_4931.JPG IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4927.JPG IMG_4936.JPG IMG_4937.JPG IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4938.JPG IMG_4939.JPG IMG_4944.JPG IMG_4950.JPG s-l1600 (1).pdf.jpg s-l1600 (4).pdf.jpg s-l1600.pdf.jpg IMG_4952.JPG

SW4323, Zdzislaw, agee and 1 other person like this.
  2. SOG53 Mar 18, 2023

bump

3. SOG53 Mar 30, 2023

SOLD to another OF member thanks to all
    Sidney

4. Walrus Mar 31, 2023

Congratulations to buyer and seller I really had to restrain myself as I’m trying to hold off for a more modern omega but I keep getting sucked in by the so many seiko models I desire.

SOG53 likes this.