Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 6139-6005 Blue Pogue unpolished and serviced

1. bigsom Feb 16, 2019

Bought this watch and had it serviced to wear as a daily. It's just a little too sporty to wear with a suit every day and just doesn't get enough wrist time on the weekends.

The entire watch is original including the crystal. So often the crystals on these were switched out for service units and this one has the correct edge bevel and height. There are some scratches on the crystal (as you can see in the photos). I've elected to leave it as is, you could try and polish them out, but to me they're part of the watch.

Dial is untouched and in excellent condition. All the shadows you see on the dial are from the crystal and not on the dial itself. Brilliant blue color with eggshell patina on the hands which are also original and untouched. Reacts and fades evenly to UV light.

I rarely use unpolished in a listing. But all the evidence is here. I've taken photos of the case close up and the edges are super sharp and the brushing on the mid case is factory. There is a case back engraving which you can see in the photos. Serial dates the watch to January 1975.

The bracelet is the original H-Link style. The bezel rotates with the crown smoothly exactly as it should.

Time keeping is great, date and day quick set works (the day is set by a deep push and then a pull out on these). Chronograph resets perfectly. I had it cleaned and oiled one month ago.

Offered at exactly what it cost me, 575 USD. Shipping in the US will be included and overseas we can discuss the options and cost.

6139 (1 of 8).jpg 6139 (2 of 8).jpg 6139 (3 of 8).jpg 6139 (4 of 8).jpg 6139 (5 of 8).jpg 6139 (6 of 8).jpg 6139 (7 of 8).jpg 6139 (8 of 8).jpg
    Edited Feb 16, 2019
    rexquando65, Njnjcfp88, sdre and 2 others like this.