Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 5 6119-6050 Regatta Diver

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 14, 2019

Up for grabs a nice and clean Seiko 5 6119-6050 Regatta Diver.

This is the only Seiko with dual bezels, and apparently they serve for regata timing (http://www.thewatchsite.com/16-seiko-reviews/314986-seiko-6119-6050-6053-regatta-watch.html).

(clicking pictures will open super-high-res versions)

IMG_2384.jpg

The dial, inner rotating bezel and hands are beautifully preserved and in mint condition.
    The hands have started to patinate...but not the dial, whose lume plots remain white.

This watch turned 50 years old last month (produced in January 1969 ... premoon :) ...)

IMG_2387.jpg

I believe this watch is factory original (excluding the crystal, gaskets and oils which were replaced at service) and still retains its sharp edges and factory finishes (*).

The bezel has some minor dings coherent with the case.

The case has not seen a polishing wheel...any soft edges are due to wear.

(*) - I have photographic evidence in case someone is interested. Always happy to share/talk watches.

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg IMG_2386.jpg

(The strap is not included in the sale.)

Functionality. The watch was serviced in February last year by Mr Richard Askham - everything works flawlessly. The printed service receipt will be shipped with the watch.

Sales.jpg

This is the first variant of this movement and so, unlike the pogues, which have short and long press (a really neat feature IMHO), the quickset only advances the date, and not the day (unlike the later variants). To advance the day, you have to toggle the hour hand between 11 and 1 ... advancing one day forward, then going backwards, keeps the day where it is, such that advancement can be made. This has never bothered me, and like winding a hand-wound watch, is part of the charm.

The movement is in great shape (photo courtesy of Richard).

EG-Seiko-6119-6050-2.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. If you spend time here, you may have 'seen' me around. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit. I am selling to refocus.

Terms and conditions. 900 CHF | 900 USD | 800 EURO | 700 GBP (or nearest offer) wired directly to my bank account. More currencies upon request. Paypal F&F is also ok, however in CHF only, as specified.

The watch and I are in Switzerland. A local meetup is always welcome. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

For my references here as a seller, please search the 'seller profiles & reviews' subforum. I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms about the watch are welcome.

Thanks OF for this space :thumbsup:

A few more pics...

The horrid indoor lighting i am forced to use due to lack of sun currently...

IMG_2488.JPG

Silver, orange, red, light blue, dark blue, black ... a handsome combination of colors that are the first thing that drew me to this reference :thumbsup:

IMG_7490.jpg

Edited Mar 5, 2019
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 22, 2019

mini price dump bump

3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 5, 2019

ONO bump.