Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 4006-6031 Bell-Matic full set

1. ewand Aug 20, 2017

Here is a very, very clean Seiko Bell-Matic from October 1972, that comes with box & papers (guarantee, instructions, even the original till receipt from April 1975 - presumably it sat with a jeweller for a while before finding its first owner). I bought it at auction and strongly believe that I'm its second keeper.

The dial is a lovely deep blue that catches the light well. As far as I can tell, it's completely original and has certainly never been polished. I'll bring it to the Time4aPint GTG in London on Tuesday 22nd.

Seiko Bell Matic 4006-6031 crown.JPG

Seiko Bell Matic 4006-6031 from 1972.JPG

Service history is unknown, but I suspect it spent almost all of its life being cherished and unworn. There's barely a mark on it, except a few scuffs on the crystal which are visible in some light if you look for them. It's completely original, the coffin-link bracelet is tight and everything works as you'd expect. It keeps good time, the date change is crisp and the alarm function is great. It's the best vintage Seiko I've ever seen.

Seiko Bell-Matic 4006-6031 full set.JPG

Guarantee.JPG

Bell Matic 4006A movement.JPG

Bell Matic wrist shot.JPG

So, given its provenance and exceptional condition, the price I'm looking for is £600 / $775 net to me (face/face in/around London, UK would be ideal, but otherwise I'll cover the cost of shipment in the UK). Extra if you want to pay by PP or need overseas shipping, but we can talk about that. I'll happily take offers but the first person to say "I'll have it" gets the watch.

I'm a bit conflicted on whether to sell this one, but having a good look at it over the weekend I'm thinking it might be time for it to find a new home as I'm not really wearing it. I'll happily take questions, feedback etc - please just ask.

I'm an occasional seller but more of a buyer - plenty of references available on request. I'm a collector for pleasure rather than profit and I sell only to thin the herd and keep within the bounds of patience of my ever tolerant Mrs D. I currently have 3 Bell-Matics so think it's time to diversify a bit, and this being the very best, is the one to go first...

This watch was featured in the Time4aPint podcast 11.
    Here's me demoing the alarm function...

The watch is basically the same as...
    (though it's in even better shape than the one in the video).

Edited Aug 21, 2017
    orwell, Lonestar, Jwit and 9 others like this.
  2. ewand Aug 29, 2017

Bump... I'm open to sensible offers :)

3. ewand Oct 10, 2018

Sold - thanks to OF. The buyer has been looking for the right watch for a while. This watch has been looking for the right buyer for a while.
    They finally found each other :)