Forums Latest Members
  1. SparkyRob Oct 16, 2016

I have recently had my Father's Seamaster serviced and refurbished by Omega via my local jeweler, I did also ask if they could provide any information, type, age etc but weren't very forthcoming so here's hoping someone out ther can help. The supposition is that it was purchased in the late 50's or early 60's - my earliest memories date fro m the mid 70's, and it had an expanding steel strap, but that may not have been original. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0031.JPG
    redpcar likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 16, 2016

If Omega did the work, the information you are looking for would likely be on the receipt. It should have the reference number and movement caliber. If not, take it to the jeweler and have him open it up. Reference number is stamped in the case back and movement number and serial number are on the movement.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

alam likes this.
  3. alam Oct 16, 2016

@SparkyRob that's a very nice vintage/dress watch you have there that appears to be in excellent shape! :thumbsup::thumbsup: ......... on a NATO strap :(:(

chronos likes this.
  4. Bumper Oct 17, 2016

That is from the 50's, Cal. 28X... can't tell you more unless you have a pic of the caseback

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 17, 2016

Put a nice leather strap on that before the NATO strap scuffs your caseback
    Like below
    image.jpeg

6. dialstatic Oct 17, 2016

I think it's a relatively nice-looking NATO strap though, and I'm not hating the combination. If you keep it on, put a see-through plastic sticker on the back to protect it.