Forums Latest Members
  1. akzep69 Oct 11, 2012

I inherited a Seamster Automatic in 1976 when a relative passed - he was a Flight Engineer with Pan Am & was given watch when he transferred from Atlantic operations to Pacific ops in 1956. ( engraved on rear bezel)
    over the years I have pursued reasearch on the piece on occasion & always seem to get conflicting info from various "experts". I have an approximate date of mfg based on # stamped on movement from Omega website. Otherwise deciphering #'s found on watch to me still does pinpoint whether the watch is solid or gold filled etc
    Here's all the numerical data found on movement & inside of rear bezel.

Thank you
    13873456 on movement- 17 jewels.
    354 under omega logo.
    Stamped on inside of bezel:
    Triangle outer stamp w/ omega co inside
    14K goldfilled (L&K)

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2012

Its a nice solid watch, the Cal 354 movement is a well designed, well engineered and solid movement which can be serviced back to original condition easily enough. The case is probably USA made, which is why you won't find reference to it on Omega's website. Post some pictures if you like, the date on the movement is around 1953, but it could be sold in 1956.

3. akzep69 Oct 11, 2012

Having issues uploading pics from smartphone

4. ulackfocus Oct 11, 2012

Gold filled means a layer of gold is bonded to a base metal like brass. It's not solid gold, but better than gold plated.

The case was made in the US by Lutringer & Kammerer (L&K) in NYC, and the movement with dial was shipped from Switzerland to Norman Morris who installed it into the case. This was a way to avoid import taxes back then.

You owe us a picture now.

5. akzep69 Oct 11, 2012

It'll be later today before i get back to use computer to upload photos.
    Thank you Sir & I'll post later.
    Goodday

6. akzep69 Oct 11, 2012

Thank you again & yes I will post pics when I get back to regular computer!
    Cheers!